Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   In search of similar games... (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66510)

Kakero 12-09-2004 02:23 AM

Anybody knows any games that is similar to Imperium Galactica series, Master of Orien series or even Pax Imperia? Where you can explore the space, meet new alien beings , become allies or enemies with them , research new technology , manage your colony, build up your army and finally conquer the whole galaxy ?

I feel like playing these sort of games at the moment.

johnny 12-09-2004 04:35 AM

You might wanna check this one out. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Link 12-09-2004 11:19 AM

Shamelessly promoting Dutch games :D I like your style johnny ;)

johnny 12-09-2004 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Link:
I didn't even know it was a Dutch release, i only checked the screenshots, and i've read some good reviews in magazines. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Chewbacca 12-09-2004 12:48 PM

There is a Star Trek game called "Birth of the Federation". Although it is more or less a MOO clone, it is still pretty fun and has some unique conventions. It's a few years old now though so maybe harder to find.

pritchke 12-09-2004 01:28 PM

<font face="Verdana" size="3" color="#00FF00">The previews for NEXUS looks really good, unfortunately it is a few months before it is released sometime in Febuary.</font>

[ 12-09-2004, 01:29 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]

Link 12-09-2004 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Link:

I didn't even know it was a Dutch release, i only checked the screenshots, and i've read some good reviews in magazines. [img]smile.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]You read what magazines? PC Gameplay by chance?

Riftmaker 12-09-2004 03:57 PM

Speaking of which, is there somewhere I can get a full version of Pax Imperia 2?

Please???

Oh, if you haven't played Ascendancy, you should. It's practically exactly what you want.

johnny 12-09-2004 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Link:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by johnny:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Link:

I didn't even know it was a Dutch release, i only checked the screenshots, and i've read some good reviews in magazines. [img]smile.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]You read what magazines? PC Gameplay by chance? </font>[/QUOTE]Yep, that one. I get it every month. I think it's one of the better magazines outthere, despite it's Belgian :D Their reviews of performance of new hardware is excellent too.

Kakero 12-09-2004 06:35 PM

Nexus, isn't that the name of a telecommunication company? anyway I'll check that game out. Is it already out?

anymore suggestion?