Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   How do you get to De'Arnise Hold (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47115)

Fashtas 10-19-2000 05:46 PM

Ok, talked to Nalia, didn't take her into the party since I had a full party already. Said I'd help, she marked the Hold on my map, but, um, it is greyed out.

It has been greyed out from the nano-second she marked it to now, three RL days later. I went to Trademeet and completed the Druid quest thinking I needed to do that to open the hold but, um, nope. Still greyed out. It is worrying me since I have tried to do this quest from the second I was given it (We are under siege! Hurry!)

There are several other places still greyed out too. Some kid in the temple district asked me to help her village. Said I would, it appeared on map, but greyed out and I can't get to it.

I check a lot of sites and walkthrus, but no one mentions having to do anything extra to get to these places.. Ideas? What am I missing?

dragonslayer 10-19-2000 06:13 PM

Have you tried going to the Athkatla City exit? I think doing this opened up all the maps outside of Athkatla for me, I don't know why you could go to Trademeet though...

Antiar 10-19-2000 06:31 PM

Im having the same problem: a lord approached me in the cornet de copper and asked me to check out his lands its greyed out also--"CRY HAVOCK AND LET(S) slip out the city gates unoticed..."

--Antiar of Boru-DUN(from MY LIFE AND THE LAW)

Fashtas 10-19-2000 06:37 PM

Hmmm, trying to go through the city exit may be the go. I did try that initially, in that when I was given the quest I went to the City Gates section to try and exit the city. I couldn't actually *find* the exit on the screen so left through the bottom exit and discovered I could access Trademeet through the map.

I can also access the Ogre mission place (To the east of trademeet) but I havn't gone there yet so it still has the blue outline.

Gecko 10-19-2000 10:39 PM

Go to the place where you met nalia. and go straight north for a short time

There is a secret door in the rock there that leads into the place.

varek 10-20-2000 12:06 AM

I had the same thing happen in my game, try traveling to the windspear hills first, then walk off the map, and see if you can get to the Hold. I ran into this problem in 2 separate games on diffrent machines and it worked both times, good luck. (if you havent got the windspear hills quest yet, talk to a man named Firkragg at the Copper Coronet)

Fashtas 10-20-2000 05:51 PM

Ok, I got this to work last night and I am not the proud owner of a nice new keep

Recap : Despite being able to travel to Trademeet and a few other places on the main map, the Hold remained greyed out!

What did I do wrong? : I didn't leave the city by the FRONT GATE, but rather I just jumped to trademeet from the map screen. As soon as I left the city for the first time via the front gate, all of the greyed out map areas opened up.

This is a bug I assume. Trademeet and the Ogre Hill place should also have been greyed out. The fact they are not was very confusing making me think I had to do something to open up the Hold. Anyway, levave via the City Gate and everything works fine