Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   anyone feels the same with me? a music question (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82106)

250 10-25-2002 08:12 AM

some music are so beautifully, hauntingly breathtaking. I am not talking about the ones that get you hyped, like techno (good techno, not the trash ones.) it is almost intoxicating and chilling.

[ 10-25-2002, 08:12 AM: Message edited by: 250 ]

The Hunter of Jahanna 10-25-2002 08:16 AM

I know what you mean. Check out "legacy of hate and lust" by Leatherstrip.It is all instrumetal and it just gets inside of you and makes you feel things.

K T Ong 10-25-2002 08:19 AM

You listen to any traditional Chinese music, 250? I really like pipa and guzheng solos. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Barry the Sprout 10-25-2002 08:26 AM

I find a lot of music only does that for me if I know what its about. If teh lyrics are well written and I understand the point they are making then I find the music a hell of a lot more moving. I suppose it just means that the song conjures up the feelings, for me, of what the writer is trying to describe. Really cool.

Bruce The Aussie 10-25-2002 11:16 AM

try Clubbed to death the Kurayamino remix by Rob D. its a really well done song. its has no words just an amazing peice of music. i can't think of any off hand right now [img]tongue.gif[/img]

250 10-25-2002 11:24 AM

dont worry, I am not asking for music. [img]smile.gif[/img] you know, it is mostly because everyone's idea of a good music is so much different.

Jorath Calar 10-25-2002 11:37 AM

I know what you mean 250, some music just gets to you and you feel so happy to hear it... makes life almost worth living it... [img]smile.gif[/img]

250 10-25-2002 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by K T Ong:
You listen to any traditional Chinese music, 250? I really like pipa and guzheng solos. [img]smile.gif[/img]
whats pipa? show me a picture? :D but I love guzhen. I wasn't a fan, but my sistser started playing it, and I learnt to love it. what can I say? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Alasdair Shadowheart 10-25-2002 02:42 PM

Path, by Apocalyptica has to be one of my favorite instrumentals, though not a song made to sooth and calm, its more of a song that, well... It gives me the image of showing two sides of a war. It begins slowly with timpani and violin, i get a 'marching' theme in mind, for 10 seconds, and the army marching begins to invade the castle, im rambling i know but thats the typical scene I get. If any of you plan on listening to it, reply with what you think :D

Timber Loftis 10-25-2002 03:42 PM

Okay, so say it's trite, but I really felt that way about a lot of Moby's "Play" album. I saw him in concert (beautiful small ballroom venue with less than 3000 in the crowd) and he truly rocked. I think he played about 8 different instruments.

Dead Can Dance also made a great album or two that really just chill me out for "around the house" music.

Of course, if I go into classical music the discussion on beautiful haunting music will last forever.

[and one final edit] Finally, I must say that though it's not beautifully haunting in the way I think you mean here, I am often at the same time depressed, made thoughtful by insight, and driven to absolute out-loud laughter by Eminem's lyrics.

If anyone out there wants to point out the ecclectic mix of music I've just run through, please keep it to yourself. [img]graemlins/1dizzy.gif[/img] :D

[ 10-25-2002, 03:46 PM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]