Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   The two Nathaniels (SPOIL) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26061)

ElfBane 03-10-2006 06:09 PM

Hmmm, I can't figure out why there are 2 Nathaniels. I have the Ring of the Ram, and neither Nathaniel wants it. The Nat in Kuldahar denies ever being in Dragon Eye. So I guess I was supposed to expose one or the other, but I don't know what I missed. Anyway, the Nat in DE is very convienent as a store, so it sure would be a drag to expose and kill that one! SPOIL ME, what did I miss?

Luvian 03-10-2006 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ElfBane:
Hmmm, I can't figure out why there are 2 Nathaniels. I have the Ring of the Ram, and neither Nathaniel wants it. The Nat in Kuldahar denies ever being in Dragon Eye. So I guess I was supposed to expose one or the other, but I don't know what I missed. Anyway, the Nat in DE is very convienent as a store, so it sure would be a drag to expose and kill that one! SPOIL ME, what did I miss?
The fake one is in DE. I think you can expose him if you have a paladin, or with dialog choices based on your stats. I think you're mostly supposed to get suspicious from his banter and just attack him yourself. I usually just buy/sell then kill him.

wanderon 03-10-2006 07:40 PM

As I recall the ring is only wanted by the THIRD Nathaniel - the one in the Ice Temple... ;)

Balintherlas 03-11-2006 04:03 AM

Arn't the Nathaniel's in Khuldahar and the Ice Temple the same?

Marty4 03-11-2006 08:38 AM

Yeah, but the Ring of the Ram is supposed to be given to Nathaniel in the Ice Temple to aid him in clearing the pass. If you don't give it to him then, then there is no purpose for it and he won't take it.

A paladin can attempt to expose the DE Nathaniel, but he'll weasle out of it if memory serves. You need a high INT/WIS character to catch him in a lie.

ElfBane 03-14-2006 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Marty4:
Yeah, but the Ring of the Ram is supposed to be given to Nathaniel in the Ice Temple to aid him in clearing the pass. If you don't give it to him then, then there is no purpose for it and he won't take it.

A paladin can attempt to expose the DE Nathaniel, but he'll weasle out of it if memory serves. You need a high INT/WIS character to catch him in a lie.

I remember talking to a Nathaniel at the Ice Temple, but I don't believe he asked for the RotR, and I don't think I got that as a dialog option. Hmmm,
anybody remember how this encounter goes?

Luvian 03-14-2006 03:47 PM

It was to break the ice that keep repairing itself.

timothy trotter 03-14-2006 10:55 PM

i revealed him with my mage thief, she had a int of around 20.

wanderon 03-16-2006 12:24 AM

As I recall the encounter he doesn't mention the ring by name only that he is missing a ring once you have retreived his BOH - and he is getting ready to break down the glacier at the end of the Ice Temple.

I believe there are several options offered - one is to give the ring or ask if this is his ring or something similar but as I recall there are numerous dialoge options at that point and it would be fairly easy to miss one.