Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Mozilla (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92088)

Callum 10-30-2004 01:55 AM

I've been unable to log in here for about a week because I was using Mozilla... I would enter my name and password and it would accept them... and say I needed to log in or register. I finally decided to try on IE and it works... went back to Mozilla and it didn't... :(

I really dislike using IE as I have a huge amount of pop ups and things...

Anyone know what I can do?

[ 10-30-2004, 01:56 AM: Message edited by: Callum ]

LennonCook 10-30-2004 02:06 AM

<span style="color: lightblue">Get Firefox instead. There isn't much difference, but it may help. If it doesn't, you may want to try Opera, or K-Meleon (google for them if you don't know where to get them).

Callum 10-30-2004 02:07 AM

I'll try that then... Thank you...

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 10-30-2004 05:10 AM

I use Firefox on this computer with no problems. The other computer (which I use mostly for surfing and forums) has Netscape 7.2 which also has no problems. I absolutly hate Internet Explorer! Mostly because of pop-ups and that eventually, my home page becomes some XXX site and I can't change it!

Xen 10-30-2004 06:22 AM

Get Firefox. I'm using it now for some time and I love it. It's very simple to use and it looks very nice. (You can change themes too)

armageddon272 10-30-2004 10:14 AM

yeah, i agree with Xen. firefox is way beter than IE. the tabs thing is great [img]smile.gif[/img]

Harkoliar 10-30-2004 10:21 AM

Im using IE ...with MyIE2 (and it has tabs as well [img]tongue.gif[/img] ). it has a built in popup blocker... but i also have several software protections with me such as zone alarm, norton firewall, avg and norton real time scanner, spyguard, spysweeper and AIPEK (another internet popup killer).

with all of that.. im more than happy to browse around with no worries of any popups and spyware since they get the job done and the builtin robotform is great as well.

anyway..

yeah.. paranoia.. but better be safe than sorry. i got spyware troubles a few weeks back when i was without my pcclin antivirus (the subscription expired) so i was without any protection for 2 days.. whopee... i got in trouble for 2 days and asked for help (seach for my previous thread).

anyway, now i can access several sites that do need IE (for school)

[ 10-30-2004, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: Harkoliar ]

Harkoliar 10-30-2004 10:31 AM

wait.. i was just wondering.. isnt mozilla= firefox??

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 10-30-2004 10:35 AM

I think it's hard to switch from what you're used to. I started with Netscape and I think Firefox designed at least part of that so it's very familiar.

And for those what (intentional) don't know; Firefox is a group of programmers that constantly improve their program. You can even give ideas and suggestions directly to them.

Paladin2000 10-30-2004 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Harkoliar:
wait.. i was just wondering.. isnt mozilla= firefox??
Almost. Sometimes people refer Mozilla suite (browser+mail client) as "mozilla" whereas Mozilla Firefox as plain "Firefox".

Callum, I think your problem lies in the "cookie" control. Just enter IW's url and set the browser to accept the cookies from this site. If you do not enable cookies for IW, neither Mozilla or Firefox would let you log into this board. By default, IE is set to accepts all cookies, that is why most people do not have any problem logging into sites with IE.