Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Best punk rock band (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95579)

SSJ4Sephiroth 07-15-2002 08:13 PM

This is, of course, to determine which of the major punk players is favored here at IW.

Beaumanoir 07-16-2002 01:23 PM

Lol Cody, It's All Drawn At One Vote Each, 20% Each Way (Apart From The Guys On 0%, Lol)

My Vote Would Be With Less Than Jake, My Favourite Band... Love Them Guys :D

Downunda 07-17-2002 12:52 AM

Greenday for me. These guys were there for me all through my teenage years, god bless 'em :D

I woulda clicked Pennywise if I had the choice though ;)

Lady Blue03 07-17-2002 01:10 AM

<font color=pink>I would have picked Greenday, but they arent really punk anymore :(

So Anti-flag it is! Although i see AFI isnt on the list, hmph :D </font>

AinSage 07-17-2002 11:28 AM

i picked Less than jake, but was this supposed to be a poll of only current punk bands, because The Ramones are the best ever, then there's the Sex Psitols and others. If it is, well Greenday and Blink 182 aren't punk bands anymore (sellouts) so they shouldn't be included in a list of current punk bands.

SSJ4Sephiroth 07-17-2002 03:09 PM

Well of course I couldn't include every band, and I knew I had left off some of them! Sorry, but I think ten is a good limit anyways. [img]smile.gif[/img] Good to see my boys from Pittsburgh in the lead though, nice to see everyone isn't just repulsed by the name. ;)

Hmm, Sage, I'll give you Anti-flag's stance on Greenday. "WE LOVE GREEN DAY!

Green Day *censored* ROCKS! Actually, we're all huge fans! Everyone was all pissed at Green Day for being on the radio etc... The way we see it, maybe Green Day being played in the mainstream turned some kids on to punk who came into the scene and helped it to be better! Sure Green Day attracted a lot of ass holes to their own shows, but those losers didn't start going to our shows and hanging in our scene because of Green Day! If Green Day can attract some cool kids to punk, good for them! We know at least one kid who got turned onto punk because of Green Day and then got involved in the punk scene and made it a better place. His name is #2, our bass player! Not only that, Billy Joe puts his money back into the underground via his record label, Adeline Records which is a *censored* AWESOME label with bands like One Man Army and The Criminals just to name a few!

GO GREEN DAY GO!"

So you see, while you may think Green Day are sellouts they are actually just helping the punk scene. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 07-17-2002, 03:11 PM: Message edited by: SSJ4Sephiroth ]

Lady Blue03 07-18-2002 03:54 PM

<font color=pink>You tell em Cody :D . Green Day was one of the bands that helped me get into punk [img]smile.gif[/img] </font>

SSJ4Sephiroth 07-18-2002 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
<font color=pink>You tell em Cody :D . Green Day was one of the bands that helped me get into punk [img]smile.gif[/img] </font>
Hey, no problem Jen! Anti-flag was the band that got me in because they were the first ones I heard, but I expand my horizons from everyone once in awhile ;)

Waldie 07-27-2002 03:07 PM

easy one, the ramones

Saltheart Foamfollower 07-27-2002 09:41 PM

Sex Pistols...