Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Drizzt (again) might contain spoilers (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2937)

InsaneBane 01-16-2003 02:50 PM

Hi

1) Are there any 'cheasy' way to knock out Drizzt? I would like to try it just once (to see the items he carries). I have looked in the Drizzt treads, but only seen hints on how to take him out the easy way.

2) You meet Drizzt and he asks you to help him killing the monsters. After that is done he is just wandering around on the middle of the map. How long will he stay on the map? Does he leave when you leave the map or will he stay until you talk to him again/pick pocket him/kill him?

Insane

Mellagar 01-16-2003 03:44 PM

Many have said that the easiest method of disposing Drizzt is to carry several monster summoning wands. Summon monsters to surround him and attack with as many archers and shots you have. Magic missle should help do the trick as well. However, he is a very difficult adversary, and if you play BGII Drizzt will attack you for having killed him in BGI.

pritchke 01-16-2003 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mellagar:
and if you play BGII Drizzt will attack you for having killed him in BGI.
May attack you. If your a good diplomat you can talk your way out but admitting your racist attitude toward the drow is what prompted your attack.

I had Viconia with me so then he goes on to interogate me further.

So them you get on your knees and say "I was a fool then but have learned since , please don't kill me" or some such nonsense.

[ 01-16-2003, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]

Raistlin Majere 01-18-2003 07:12 AM

i have pickpocketed him while his choping those gnolls into minced meat. he has good weapons, ill give him that.

Ar-Cunin 01-18-2003 07:43 AM

1) I have heard the following works (but never tried it myself) - position 5 members on the small island in the lake north of Drizzt (armed wirh missile weapons). Have a hasted character (potion) attack D. and then run to the southern edge of the lake - when D. arrives drink a potion of invisibility - and have the 5 others shoot D. until he dies.

2. Don't know - but I wouldn't count on him staying around.

purre 01-18-2003 11:43 AM

Never had the heart to kill the dude :D not even when (read: always) playing evil. [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/firedevil.gif[/img]
but I guess you get to kill him a bit easier by summoning lots of beasties. :D and his weapons are good! :eek: cant get the armour though,without 'kill' 'kill' ;)

Vedran 01-18-2003 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ar-Cunin:
1) I have heard the following works (but never tried it myself) - position 5 members on the small island in the lake north of Drizzt (armed wirh missile weapons). Have a hasted character (potion) attack D. and then run to the southern edge of the lake - when D. arrives drink a potion of invisibility - and have the 5 others shoot D. until he dies.
It is important that you have "path search nodes" in the config program set low. Otherwise he could just find his way around.......
Or you can position invisible char at the bridge to island.

Grungi 01-20-2003 07:25 AM

i just remembered the other cheesy way to take drizzt, again surround him with animals or monsters, and then ring your chars around him and use halberds or long weapons to outreach him and take him down, depending on your level you'll be doing a lot more damage than missile weapons so is quicker, at low level stick to missile weapons though

Byrd 01-21-2003 04:04 PM

I haven't tried yet, but do you loose reputation for attacking him? If you do how about if you charm him first? If anyone has tried let me know.

Vedran 01-22-2003 05:03 AM

He is magic resistant, and elves are genuinely resistant to charm.

No, you don't lose reputation.