Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   GRRRR... The times square bomber (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101469)

John D Harris 05-04-2010 04:23 PM

GRRRR... The times square bomber

I'm listening to Sen. McCain complain about this puke getting his Maranda rights read to him... Well Senator if we don't read him his rights then citizenship is worthless, I understand there is a public safety exception to having to read him his rights when he was first arrested... well as much as it pains me the AG is correct and actted correctly. There's a world of difference between a US citizen caught on US soil in an act of, or arrested for terrorism (war), and a foreigner caught on US soil in an act of, or arrested for terrorism (war). The US citizen should be charged for treason, while the non US shouldn't. Any US citizen has rights and there is no excuse for not giving them their rights. If we aren't going to make a distinction between citizens and non citizens then we might as well chunk it all in the trash.

Sever 05-04-2010 06:36 PM

Re: GRRRR... The times square bomber

What's treason worth in the US these days? 4 horses and some rope sounds good.

VulcanRider 05-04-2010 08:00 PM

And put it on pay-per-view to help pay down the deficit...

John D Harris 05-04-2010 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VulcanRider (Post 1239910)
And put it on pay-per-view to help pay down the deficit...

rotflmao... I like it thunking outside the box

Ziroc 05-05-2010 01:25 AM

All I gotta say is; thank god for moronic terrorists! I hope they keep failing....
Bombs made out of popsicles and toothpicks next!

The Veteran guy that ran the T-Shirt vendor really is a Hero! As is the cop that put the fire out! Give these guys one of the Goldman Saks bonuses! (Take it away from them) :)

Firestormalpha 05-05-2010 02:13 AM

Indeed, I wish all criminals (terrorists, pirates, muggers, etc.) were stupid. Like those pirates who tried to hijack a French gunship, or was it a destroyer? I'll have to look it up.

Memnoch 05-05-2010 04:57 AM

It looks like an amateurish attempt as far as bombings go. I feel that it's not improbable that this isn't a "typical" terrorist attack in the sense that it's linked to the Taliban/is against the evil heathen Amreekis/revenge for drone attacks etc. It could be that this bloke is angry at Wall St and NYC because it represents what caused the recession and caused him to lose his house. Bit of a way off theory, but right now this doesn't look to have Al Qaeda/the Taliban's fingerprints on it. It seems too amateurish. Plus it's not a suicide bombing, which always increases the chance of failure. Couldn't imagine a group like Al Qaeda or even the Taliban being as sloppy as this (though good for New Yorkers as nobody was injured).

Hivetyrant 05-05-2010 07:00 AM

I think Stephen Colbert's comment summed it up.

His terrorist attack attempt was "Halalious"

VulcanRider 05-05-2010 07:58 AM

I thought a Taliban faction in Pakistan admitted responsibility? The problem with these kind of attacks is, amateurish or not, they tie up resources. An amateurish bomb in a big airport would still disrupt flights nationwide.

wellard 05-05-2010 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John D Harris (Post 1239907)
Any US citizen has rights and there is no excuse for not giving them their rights. If we aren't going to make a distinction between citizens and non citizens then we might as well chunk it all in the trash.

So agree.

It's hard to maintain decency, procedure and "a fair go" under such situations but when you do your country and your people rise far and above anything these scum would ever be.
:thumbsup: