Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Just Say No! [i should have learned this months ago!] (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91466)

RevRuby 09-01-2004 08:54 AM

ok so here we are. another month and again i'm thinking i might be pregnant. after three kids you would think i'd have perfected the word "no." i feel sick after every meal (started at dinner the other night) i can't sleep, and i can't keep out of the bathroom!

i don't like birthcontrol so we tried NFP (natural family planning) but that only works if you use it [img]tongue.gif[/img] oh well, if i'm not i'll be happy, if i am i'll be happy (a May baby, just what i've always wanted!)

[ 09-01-2004, 08:56 AM: Message edited by: RevRuby ]

Hivetyrant 09-01-2004 09:12 AM

Hey, that sounds like good news!
Well I hope that everything goes alright with you, have you planned to have more kids?
Well, it could also be some sort of illness, how long has this been happening, im no doctor, but im sure someone can tell you something.
Good luck [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Bungleau 09-01-2004 09:40 AM

Wow, RR! It sounds like guessing game time again [img]smile.gif[/img]

I hope everything goes all right, and things work out the way you want them to.

Without derailing the thread into inappropriate places, I can safely say that there are some methods of birth control I like, and some I don't. And unfortunately, the interaction between birth control pills and antibiotics inevitably lead to one of the ones I don't like. :(

I ultimately decided to make it my responsibility instead of my wife's, and it's worked out well since then. :D

Good luck, and I hope you can find a way that works for you. BTW, there's an old joke that circulated around about natural family planning, or the rhythm method*:

What do you call people who use the rhythm method?

Mommies and daddies :D

It's all about statistics... if the method you're using is 99% effective, and you do it two times a week, that makes for one pregnancy a year. Do the math [img]smile.gif[/img]

Good luck, RR. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

* edit: they are the same thing, aren't they?

[ 09-01-2004, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]

Elif Godson 09-01-2004 10:15 AM

One word, vasectomy!! hehe I'm getting one soon!! 3 is more then enough for me.

Attalus 09-01-2004 10:19 AM

Well, whatever it is that you most desire, I hope that is what you get, Rev. Elif, that's the way to go.

RevRuby 09-01-2004 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bungleau:

Good luck, and I hope you can find a way that works for you. BTW, there's an old joke that circulated around about natural family planning, or the rhythm method*:

* edit: they are the same thing, aren't they?

actually no. NFP uses basal body temperatures and/or CM. (when doing just cm it is something the woman checks, usually before intimacy. it is very accurate, when used. unfortunatly we didn't always use it.

rhythm works on assuming a womans cycle is 28 days. not all women have a 28 day cycle and even my own has been really messed up since two of my close friends got pg and miscarried. the rhythm method is not at all accurate.

Bungleau 09-01-2004 12:10 PM

My day to get educated [img]smile.gif[/img]

So... kindly disregard the above attempted joke. It didn't match at all... :(

Jotin 09-01-2004 05:33 PM

I'm still new here, but just wanted to wish you the best of luck either way. If you are pregnant a may baby does sound wonderful.

Stormymystic 09-01-2004 05:47 PM

I told you on the phone once...if you wanted more all you had to do was ask [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Attalus 09-01-2004 06:17 PM

Galadria told me to tell you that she is glad to be done with trips to the baby store, AKA, Babies R Us. :D