Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   How come your so high in levels (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18539)

CoranTheRanger 01-14-2002 08:58 AM

I am only level 23 and I have heared dosens of people say they are level 37 and 40. I have done the wk mission and I cant understand where you get so much exp from. I need the exp to kill Mellison and take my rightful place bla bla bla

Micah Foehammer 01-14-2002 09:11 AM

My Monk is level 40 because I ran her thru the game solo.

You can also reach that level with a two person party on normal difficulty.

Sir Exxon 01-14-2002 10:13 AM

<font color="gold">Well, I am in chapter 2 in SoA, finished Watchers Keep and a bunch on side-quests with my solo Cavalier, and am in lvl 26!
Not kidding! He's just a killermachine! [img]graemlins/evillaughter1.gif[/img]

I guess the secret of high level is to do every little quest and side-quest you get over. Look at me, for an example, a lvl 26 Cavalier in chapter 2, and only done these quests:
Watchers Keep
Unsseing eye
Trademeet
Umar Hills
Paladin stronghold
Freed the slavers
Windspear hills</font>

see ya!

Manwe 01-14-2002 11:17 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> Well, I am in chapter 2 in SoA, finished Watchers Keep and a bunch on side-quests with my solo Cavalier, and am in lvl 26!
Not kidding! He's just a killermachine!
I guess the secret of high level is to do every little quest and side-quest you get over. Look at me, for an example, a lvl 26 Cavalier in chapter 2, and only done these quests:
Watchers Keep
Unsseing eye
Trademeet
Umar Hills
Paladin stronghold
Freed the slavers
Windspear hills
<hr></blockquote>

I wonder how high level you'll be in chapter 4, btw did you kill Demogorgon? :D

Sir Exxon 01-14-2002 02:46 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Manwe:

I wonder how high level you'll be in chapter 4, btw did you kill Demogorgon? :D
<hr></blockquote>

<font color="gold">Actually I did. Took me a whole bunch of reloads, though. And some help from some NPCs... :D
Btw, dont you agree that the last guardians is WAY overpowered?</font>

see ya!

Micah Foehammer 01-14-2002 02:53 PM

Are you referring to Mel?

Manwe 01-14-2002 02:59 PM

Actually, fighting the last guardians was harder than killing Demogorgon for me, Sendai was quite difficult to beat too. I suppose i was lucky when i killed Demogorgon on my first try ;) I summoned some Shambling Mounds with Staff of The Woodlands +4 (or whatever it's called), summoned some MOrdenkainen's Swords too. Then i went with Korgan, Sarevok and Jaheira( with Aura of Flaming Death) into the fight. I watched the fight from a safe distance and used Khelbens Warding whip to dispel protections. The Demons that Demogorgon summoned concentrated all their firepower on the Shambling Mounds and the Mordenkainen's Swords... So with abit luck from Greater Whirlwind on all the NPC's i defeated him... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Micah Foehammer 01-14-2002 03:07 PM

I only had trouble with Mel and Drac ... Balth was a wuss, and the others were only more difficult.

Manwe 01-14-2002 03:19 PM

I haven't played through ToB yet, so with the "last Guardians" I meant those who guarded Demogorgon, so you dont confuse it with the other Bhaalspawns...

Grindar Silvermane 01-14-2002 04:27 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by CoranTheRanger:
I am only level 23 and I have heared dosens of people say they are level 37 and 40. I have done the wk mission and I cant understand where you get so much exp from. I need the exp to kill Mellison and take my rightful place bla bla bla<hr></blockquote>

Something I found to work too, was summon fiends etc. and conveniently forget to cast protection from evil on me own party. Kill the attacking fiend and you get some nice xp's