Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   A Darwin Award (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72947)

Arvon 01-10-2002 11:08 AM

Woman attempts to make
an ass of herself -- and succeeds.

26 March 2001, Florida | Many women try to reduce the size of their posteriors, but a few scrawnier specimens attempt the opposite. After exhausting a range less invasive home remedies such as wearing padded layers of underwear, a 53-year-old Fort Lauderdale woman persuaded an unlicensed underground “plastic surgeon” to boost her butt size by pumping it full of silicone in the comfort of her own living room. Hospital officials contacted police to report the suspicious death of the needle-marked woman, who had been delivered to the emergency room by rescue workers after suffering breathing difficulties in her apartment.

J'aran 01-10-2002 11:20 AM

Why didn't she just go to a regular plastic surgeon?

fable 01-10-2002 11:27 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by J'aran:
Why didn't she just go to a regular plastic surgeon?<hr></blockquote>

I second this question. It sounds like the original writer of the newspaper piece ignored the most interesting aspect of the story: why the woman would get some third-rate hack (quite literally) to do his work in her home, when many plastic surgeons perform silicon implant operations regularly on derrieres.

Talk about a decadent society... :rolleyes:

Arvon 01-10-2002 11:30 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by fable:I can't answer either of you. That's why it's a Darwin story, showing the stupidity of some people. This action also thins the herd.

I second this question. It sounds like the original writer of the newspaper piece ignored the most interesting aspect of the story: why the woman would get some third-rate hack (quite literally) to do his work in her home, when many plastic surgeons perform silicon implant operations regularly on derrieres.

Talk about a decadent society... :rolleyes:
<hr></blockquote>

MagiK 01-10-2002 01:13 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Arvon:
[QB][/QB]<hr></blockquote>

Oh come on, your going to comment on the whole society because of this one moron? Oh and it isnt like it is just this one society that has a lock on low IQ's

SSJ4Sephiroth 01-11-2002 03:40 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MagiK:

Oh come on, your going to comment on the whole society because of this one moron? Oh and it isnt like it is just this one society that has a lock on low IQ's
<hr></blockquote>

umm, a Darwin Award is awarded to the person who did the gene pool the greatest favor that year by killing themselves in the most creatively stupid way. one year it was a man who killed himelf when a pop machine fell over on him while he was trying to tip a free pop out of it.

MagiK 01-11-2002 08:22 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:

umm, a Darwin Award is awarded to the person who did the gene pool the greatest favor that year by killing themselves in the most creatively stupid way. one year it was a man who killed himelf when a pop machine fell over on him while he was trying to tip a free pop out of it.
<hr></blockquote>

[img]smile.gif[/img] Yeah I understand the Darwin Awards [img]smile.gif[/img] we post them on our cube walls here at work [img]smile.gif[/img] I was responding to Arvons comment about the society :D