Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Newb here, and i have a tale. (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59200)

Kurt 11-21-2001 04:50 PM

Once upon a time, there was a sad little boy, who patiently waited for BG2 in the mail, and upon the day it should arrive, it hasnt. The end. GRMPH. \-: so... Yeah, it isnt a story, but i am new, and i plan enjoying BG2. So off i go, complaining about Fedex yet another couple hours.

But anyhow, do you have an recomondation for a good class to start out with? Later.

[ 11-21-2001: Message edited by: Kurt ]</p>

SecretMaster 11-21-2001 05:27 PM

Welcome Kurt!!! A good class to start with, (to people who just started the BG series) is a fighter, ranger, or paladin. They are the most straightfoward class. I'd say, play through the game with them, until you get to feel your surroundings better. then, choose your class.

Evil Al 11-21-2001 06:14 PM

Yep Secret Master is sort of right...i started the first dungeon afew times trying to choose a character class, race ect. until i found out what i like. Buldur's Gate is a role playing game so you have to think what you want to be.

Tyronius 11-21-2001 10:06 PM

start out wit fighter they are good to start with

Cerek the Barbaric 11-21-2001 10:32 PM

Welcome to the Forum, Kurt.

I agree that it's best to start the game with a straight fighter class (fighter/ranger/paladin). They have the most hit points and best combat abilities early in the game.

Mages are the most powerful at high levels, but you really need to learn the spells, how they work, and when to use them. BGII has multiple NPC's that cover every class, so you can play around with the different classes to see what you like.

Also, check out this Forum on a regular basis. I'm playing through BGII for the first time myself. Any question or problem you run into can be answered here.

And be sure to Post over in the General Discussion Forum - where members can talk about anything that's on their mind.

Dundee Slaytern 11-21-2001 11:23 PM

I had no knowledge of D&D spells, and I still chose Sorcerer for my first game.

You should have seen my spell list back then. ;) [img]tongue.gif[/img] ;)

Truth be told, follow your heart, and use your imagination. If you were in a D&D world, what do you visualise yourself as? Once you achieve that, pick your class appropriately.

Kurt 11-21-2001 11:24 PM

Well... I got the game (hurrah and such) and i am a True Neutral Half Elf assassin, and im enjoying it... Only once have i messed up and havent detected a trap... and... well... got hit or something, boy do i enjoy talking to trolls. hurrah.

so, i will... be playing now... Later. (i just started... and its like crack)

Oh, i have played 1 or 2 ADND games... so i am slightly familiar... and im enjoying it... Oh, whats a good weapon to be proficient in with an assassin, as this is my first time thieving... Weeeeeeee

[ 11-21-2001: Message edited by: Kurt ]</p>

Dundee Slaytern 11-21-2001 11:34 PM

Katanas, Long Swords, Short Bow and Darts.

Stop sniggering you people! [img]tongue.gif[/img] Darts are useful! They give you 3 attacks per round, and when combined with the Assassin's Poison ability, pretty potent.

Fuzzy Animal 11-21-2001 11:38 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Kurt:
Well... I got the game (hurrah and such) and i am a True Neutral Half Elf assassin, and im enjoying it... Only once have i messed up and havent detected a trap... and... well... got hit or something, boy do i enjoy talking to trolls. hurrah.

so, i will... be playing now... Later. (i just started... and its like crack)

Oh, i have played 1 or 2 ADND games... so i am slightly familiar... and im enjoying it... Oh, whats a good weapon to be proficient in with an assassin, as this is my first time thieving... Weeeeeeee

[ 11-21-2001: Message edited by: Kurt ]
<hr></blockquote>
Welcome to the forum!! So you decided on an assassin, that's good have fun!! Some good weapons for an assassin are dagger, short sword, katana.

DEADMAN 11-22-2001 01:48 AM

I just wanted to say welcome! And the above weapons choices are probably best, I admit I am biased to bows and there are some good ones in the game.