Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Off-Topic Poll: What Alignment are you? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50676)

Moridin 02-02-2001 03:59 PM

What alignment would you consider yourself? What made me think of this is a funny story: The bank I work for was just recently acquired by another bank. The head of my department, through this acquisition, was given the pink slip (so long, good bye, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!). However, foolishly they allowed him to do performance reviews and hand out raises and bonuses before he leaves (in 1 week). Well I think he felt a little bitter about getting the axe because he gave everyone in the dapartment a 15-23% raise and a 10-12% incentive bonus. For some reason I got to thinking, was this an evil thing he did or was it a 'just' reaction to him being let go?
To answer my own post (people seem to forget to) I would consider myself True Nuetral.

Moiraine 02-02-2001 04:03 PM

There was a thread long ago on the same topic.

Anyway, I would say I am chaotic good.

I learn a bit of English every day ! I didn't know the 'pink slip' expression, but it is very funny

Father Bronze 02-02-2001 04:08 PM

I hate to say it, but I think I'm Lawful Good.

This isn't a good thing. I spend a lot of time arguing with my students that "This is the school rule. I didn't make it, but I have to enforce it. If you don't like it, go complain to someone else. I'm just following orders." My students complain that I'm too strict, follow the rules too closely, and don't understand that there are "exceptions" to many situations.

Absynthe 02-02-2001 04:15 PM

Chaotic good, no question.
"From each according to their abilities, to each according to their needs" and
"An it harm none, do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law" pretty much sums up my alignment.

weedius_maximus 02-02-2001 04:18 PM

Absolutely, Chaotic Cood is the only way to live. I experimented with lawful good for a while (we all do silly things in college, right?) but found that it interfered with my drinking WAAAAAAAAAY too much, so that was that! Turns out it really is hard to change your alignment!

Patriarch 02-02-2001 04:30 PM

I dont know... Some variation of evil I suppose, Neutral Evil? like a common thief...
BTW, in real D&D arnt assaisins supposed to be evil, as the killing of sentient beings for money is considered an evil act?

satan 02-02-2001 04:41 PM

KILL KRUSH AND DESTROY
everything has to day
mauahahahahaaaaaa
well you get my point

satan 02-02-2001 04:41 PM

KILL KRUSH AND DESTROY
everything has to die
mauahahahahaaaaaa
well you get my point

Demus 02-02-2001 04:43 PM

Well, I would have to say that i'm probably Chaotic Good cos' although I often do 'bad' things, I don't think I'm really a bad person at heart

Cloudbringer 02-02-2001 05:01 PM

Hmm, interesting question, Moridin. I'm guessing I'd be somewhere btwn Lawful Good (the way I address the world) and Chaotic Good (The way I sometimes feel!).

Heck, I haven't even put an evil npc in a party yet. sigh.