Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Cowled Wizard problem! (big) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59310)

Tyronius 11-25-2001 09:51 PM

I have a huge problem with the Cowled Wizards, I used magicin the bridge district and took the warning they gave me, but then later in every battle i get that is in Athtackla and are outside of houses the cowled wizards show up and kill me , For instance, when i fight the paladins int the bridge district, they use theyre stupid lay of hands spell and then the wizards take it out on me,, i can take the paladins but when the wizards come i have no chance. can you help?

andora20 11-25-2001 09:55 PM

You can buy a magic license from one of the cowled wizards in the government District, it will cost you about 5000 gp, or alternatively you could try and kill them...........

Tyronius 11-25-2001 09:57 PM

where exactly cn you get this, i already tried this with out any luck, so can yu tell me exactly where i can get this?

andora20 11-25-2001 10:01 PM

When you get to the Government district, find a building called Council of nine (or six, I'm unsure)and talk to everyone in the building until you get to talk to the cowled wizard guy, I forget his name

chinese noodle 11-25-2001 10:04 PM

go to the government district and go to the center of the map where the little garden is, no go north from there, there is a big building i think its called the something council building, and in side there is a guy just left of the entrance who you talk to and ask hima how you can get a license. if you canot find this guy, just talk to everyone in there till you find him

Tyronius 11-25-2001 10:06 PM

its the council of 6 and yes i m formiliar of it, so thanks alot for the help, now at least i dont have to run into a building every time i want to get into a fight

Whailor 11-26-2001 04:25 AM

I personally killed them all off, no way in heck are they going to blackmail me out of 5K. Bloody males in dresses, calling 'em robes.. I can now cast freely any spell in Amn, without having spent a dime, and no one is telling me not to do it :D However, note please, that this fight is better to take on at later stagest, when chars are at higher levels. But yes, there's a dude in the Council building who will "sell" you a licence for 5K.

Also, I suggest you check out the Baldurash page, there are many bugfixes regarding BG2: SoA. Namely many items in the game (i.e. some Keldorn's gear) will make the Cowled Fools.. er Wizards, to come after you, because mistakenly the game takes that as a spell, cast by a wizard. Apply them (basically just copy the file to override folder) and many issues should be fixed for you.

Dundee Slaytern 11-26-2001 06:25 AM

I never pay either, I fight for my right to cast spells freely. [img]tongue.gif[/img]