Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Damn I hate it when... (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91231)

Jorath Calar 08-04-2004 12:27 AM

...I can't sleep.

Arf, it's 4:30 am now, I've been tossing and turning since midnight, tried everthing, reading, listening to slow music, having complete darkness and silence... to no awail. and the funny thing is, I am tired as hell

I have to go to work in 2 hours, so it's kind of too late to sleep at all, I'll oversleep for sure... this is going to be an awesome day... :(

Harkoliar 08-04-2004 12:31 AM

well trying to be funny here, your sig works well to what your probably feeling right now.

how about taking a break off work? sick leave or something ;) . If you can afford it that is.

The Hierophant 08-04-2004 01:57 AM

*salute* good luck fellow non-sleeper! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I do hope your job doesn't involve operating any heavy machinery, if so, you really should call in sick. I'm serious, for the sake of the safety of everyone around you...

Stratos 08-04-2004 05:14 AM

Don't worry Jorath, you'll fall asleep as soon as you start working. It's always like that.

RoSs_bg2_rox 08-04-2004 05:18 AM

It's better to just stay up all night at this point. You feel like crap if you only sleep for an hour or so.

Kakero 08-04-2004 05:53 AM

Try drinking warm milk. it may make you sleepy. better than sleeping pill I say.

but, it's too late to sleep already. ;)

Bozos of Bones 08-04-2004 06:54 AM

Well considering it's been five hours since his post it's definetly too late now [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Hope you have a wonderfully colorfull, hypnotic, chromatic and completely psychodelic day [img]smile.gif[/img]

Xen 08-04-2004 07:38 AM

Count sheeps. :D I can` sleep too sometimes.

Jorath Calar 08-04-2004 01:00 PM

If I count sheeps, they always end up jumping in front of a truck and that definatly does not help... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, I fell asleep around 5ish... woke up again at 6:30 to my alarm, seriously considered calling in sick, but I have never done it and since I'm quitting this month I don't want to start now...
The slave instinct is strong in me... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyway I just got home, I work in a gasstation (no heavy machinery, just heavy customers, you should see some of the blimps that enter the premise... "Thats no moon, thats a spacestation. It's too big to be a space station" [img]smile.gif[/img] ). But amazingly enough, I survived without falling asleep... but now I'm home, my brother and his friends greeted me when I got home and asked me to play D&D... ugh... I have this great adventure ready for them but I think I might fall asleep.

Gangrell 08-04-2004 02:07 PM

Playing D&D? Oh, you have to stay up then :D