Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   How do I get the Holy Avenger? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25589)

The Hierophant 01-14-2004 05:28 AM

Howdy.
Just wondering how I find this sword as I hear it really kicks ass. It's found in the Kuldahar cemetery right? And you have to fight a whole bunch of badasses to get it? Well, I'm stumped, I can't figure out when, where or how to intitate the battle that will end in me getting my hands on this baby ;) Any help will be much appreciated.

ZFR 01-14-2004 09:28 AM

You need a medallion that will be found later in the game...

After that go back to the cementary and click on one of the graves (the medallion description will tell you which).

Nightowl2 01-14-2004 11:12 AM

The medallion is found deep in Dragon's Eye. Note that only a paladin can use the Holy Avenger; if you don't have one in your party, there is no point getting the sword unless you want a VERY tough fight for the experience.

You will also have to make a long trip back to Kuldahar and then again return to Dragon's Eye to continue the game. Do nothing but grab the loot in the room with the medallion. There is another action to perform there, but it is best left until you return.

<center>Nightowl2</center>

The Hierophant 01-14-2004 07:11 PM

Ah, thanks guys. That clarifies things. I figured that the grave to click on would be the 'Cursed Paladin of Torm' one, but seeing as I don't have the medallion it doesn't work. I thought my game had a bug or something. It's good to know that everything is still proceeding on-track. Incidentally, I've just entered Dragon's Eye now, so I'll keep my eye open for a special medallion.

The reason I thought the game had a bug is that the note from Hiepherus' corpse indicates that Cedra has the medallion, and I've already killed her. Seeing as she didn't have it on her corpse I figured something was wrong.

And yeah, I've got a Paladin of Helm in my party. He can still use the sword if he's multi-classed to fighter right?

Thanks again for the help.

Nightowl2 01-14-2004 07:17 PM

As long as your guy is still a paladin, he should be able to use the sword. I never dualed any of my paladins, though, so can't say for sure.

<center>Nightowl2</center>

Luvian 01-15-2004 12:23 AM

Yes, he will be able to use it.

Read the lore on the medallion for hints on how to kill the guardians.

Midget Gems 01-16-2004 04:01 PM

I was doing this quest(?) just the other day and I thought I'd give it a try even though I don't have a (midget) Paladin in my party. Well my team were cut to ribbons by those guys, so we soon gave up the idea. That's one tough fight I can tell you! Maybe I should have paid more attention to the clues in the medallion's write-up.

Balintherlas 01-16-2004 11:15 PM

i dont like cera sumat though cus thers not a good enough shield to go wit it

Bozos of Bones 01-17-2004 10:40 AM

Not a good enough shield? There are awesome shields in the game, from tower shields to bucklers. There HAS to be something to strike your fancy!

spydar 01-17-2004 04:59 PM

even if you can't use it then go for the experience, one can always sell items (I don't know how much it would go for though). I'm always picking up any old item just to sell later, but I am a greedy little bugger