Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   (Mostly) for the Americans out there... (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86851)

Mr. Mopery 07-01-2003 10:18 AM

1. Is there a state or states you don't like. Is there a reason.

2. French fries or freedom fries?

Felix The Assassin 07-01-2003 10:23 AM

1. No. None
2. Pommes Frittes

Zero Alpha 07-01-2003 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Mopery:
1. Is there a state or states you don't like. Is there a reason.

2. French fries or freedom fries?

1.umm im not in america so no.

2. what? who ever heard of freedom fries. their not french either! they are called 'chips' as in 'fish and chips'. pff 'fries' indeed :D [img]tongue.gif[/img] :D

harleyquinn 07-01-2003 10:47 AM

1. There's no state I don't like (although haven't been to them all, KIDDING). I live in NY State, have lived both near NYC and upstate, and there are many things about this state that I don't like but that doesn't mean I don't like the state. My issues have nothing to do with NY's residents, like most states, I find the majority to be nice, friendly people.

2. I guess I'm lazy, I just say Fries, but if I was going to not be lazy, then I'd say French Fries. Freedom fries is just dumb.

Timber Loftis 07-01-2003 10:59 AM

1. Mostly, I don't dislike states. Nebraska left me very unimpressed from my visit there. The part of Indiana I mostly get to see (NW -- Gary, etc.) is a hellhole, but I know that's not the whole state. Iowa also left me very unimpressed during my brief visit. But dislike is too strong. There are cities I dislike, but that's another story.

2. Freedom Fries, of course. [img]graemlins/tomcat.gif[/img]

Actually, I call them fries, chips, potato wedges, or "handy ketchup sticks." But, if a place did in fact call them Freedom Fries, I would point and laugh and of course not buy them. ;)

Rageheart 07-01-2003 11:55 AM

1. Not a big fan of Missouri........creeps me out/
2. French fries.....no matter who the government hates now i'll still call them french fries

BaRoN NiGhT 07-01-2003 12:23 PM

<FONT FACE="Arial" SIZE="2" COLOR="#00ff00">i guess im not included here. [img]graemlins/jamesbond.gif[/img] </FONT>

--------------------

Chewbacca 07-01-2003 12:29 PM

1. Nope, all the states I've been to (around 30 on last count) are okay with me!

2. French Fries, French dip, French dressing, Frenchie from the movie Grease, French's mustard. French! French! French! French! [img]smile.gif[/img] Dont believe the hype of a vocal minority and their "freedom fries".

Xen 07-01-2003 12:33 PM

1.No
2.French frise

Sir Taliesin 07-01-2003 12:44 PM

<font color=orange>Never been to a state I didn't like. Like TL, I've been to some cities I didn't like. There are also climates I don't care for as well, but state I've ever visited in, the people have been nice.

French fries. While I have no love for the French government, I thought all that was silly. </font>

[ 07-01-2003, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: Sir Taliesin ]