Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Any Hints for a Newbie? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59160)

Aunora Moonvale 11-20-2001 08:02 PM

Just started SoA, and I was wondering if there are any obvious strategies I should know before heading out..any advice will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

SecretMaster 11-20-2001 08:06 PM

When you get a mage, get greater malison. Cast it at the annoying enemies, or tough fights, then cast choas, or disintegrate, or anything like that. Works wonders.
If there's a real tough fight, try luring the enemies one by one.
Always have at least ONE powerful summoning. Then, when there's a door leading to a tough fight, lure the enemies to the door, and make that monster clog up the door, while ur guys pound away. Makes fights very simple.

SecretMaster 11-20-2001 08:09 PM

Oh, welcome to the forum!

Mack_Attack 11-20-2001 08:27 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Aunora Moonvale:
Just started SoA, and I was wondering if there are any obvious strategies I should know before heading out..any advice will be greatly appreciated, thanks.<hr></blockquote>

Did you play BG1 or did you just start playing SOA. My advice to never leave any rock un-turned talk to every one and do as many quest as you can.
It truly is a fun game to play.
You decide what kind of PC you going to have.
And welcome to the board [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

Aunora Moonvale 11-20-2001 08:31 PM

i never played BG 1, but probably should have- it was a little hard without a computer though ;)

Mack_Attack 11-20-2001 08:40 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Aunora Moonvale:
i never played BG 1, but probably should have- it was a little hard without a computer though ;) <hr></blockquote>

It is never to late to try it. And since it has been out for a while the price is right.

Tokain 11-20-2001 10:46 PM

Dual or multi class fighter/thief, put 5 stars in two handed sword and two handed style, then get the thief high level ability use any item, then equip the holy avenger! [img]smile.gif[/img] Also i've found myself to be the only decent thief in the game.

Kingenigma 11-21-2001 07:01 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Tokain:
Dual or multi class fighter/thief, put 5 stars in two handed sword and two handed style, then get the thief high level ability use any item, then equip the holy avenger! [img]smile.gif[/img] Also i've found myself to be the only decent thief in the game.<hr></blockquote>

Hehehe. Dual classed thieves just suck and Jan is one annoying midget...

ronan 11-21-2001 12:10 PM

Whenever a battle gets too hard use different strategies and quicksave often. And use this forum if you get stuck. Good luck

Warby 11-21-2001 01:47 PM

Try and stick with a character. I started again about 10 times before I made myself stick with a Necromancer. It wastes alot of time. Also make sure you every quest you can. Otherwise you'll miss out on alot of XP points. I borrowed BG1 of my cousin but I didn't understand how to play really. Used to send my mage into melee for some reason. BG2 is a much better way of learning to play the game. I'm going to have to borrow it aftr I complete Bg2 and try again.

Warby