Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   What do you think about... (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87862)

Cristian 09-25-2003 06:07 AM

I was just wondering everyones opinions on Pay-Per-Month Online Games..
Personally im paying for Ragnarök Online for the moment its only 9.50 $ or so per month and i think its a really really good price for such a great entertaining game :D but a price like 15$ per month is a bit much .. but the gming companys who makes the game could charge like 20$ a motnh ppl would still pay beacuse some of the Online games are great! i think pay-per-month games are ok and i prefer Online over Singleplayer games but.. the pay per month is abit irritating...

Luvian 09-25-2003 06:39 AM

For the price it would cost you to go see a movie or rent a game for a few days, you get to play a cool online game with thousands of people. That's a good deal, in my opinion.

[ 09-25-2003, 06:40 AM: Message edited by: Luvian ]

InsaneBane 09-25-2003 07:04 AM

I would never pay money pr. month for playing an online game. But I still think it is a good idea, as long as there is a market for such games.

It is the same thing with the Pay-per-View television channels. I wouldn't pay money just to watch a single sport match.

[img]graemlins/greenbounce.gif[/img]
Insane

Cerek the Barbaric 09-25-2003 08:09 AM

<font color=deepskyblue>Since Escape from Undermountain is the only multi-player game I participate in, I see no reason to pay a monthly fee to play online. As a father of 3 young boys, I have too many other things to spend my money on.</font>

Luvian 09-25-2003 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
<font color=deepskyblue>Since Escape from Undermountain is the only multi-player game I participate in, I see no reason to pay a monthly fee to play online. As a father of 3 young boys, I have too many other things to spend my money on.</font>
What's nice about MMORPG, is that they keep evolving and have dev controled events. It's like you are getting a new expension every months for 10$, and get a chat room with it.

Of course Ziroc keep upgrading his mod all the time, but not all module builder do that.

Stratos 09-25-2003 08:26 AM

It's a fair price to play online on these MMORPG's but you'll have to play regularly to make it worthwhile. Personally I don't have the time to play that much so these kind of games don't interrest me.

Kakero 09-25-2003 08:37 AM

I wouldn't mind paying that much monthly to for an MMORPG. however, multiplayer usually means you play together with other people but if you end up playing alone. that amount of money you shell out is " shot to hell ". you might as well play single player games where you don't need to pay monthly fees.

Cristian 09-25-2003 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Luvian:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:

What's nice about MMORPG, is that they keep evolving and have dev controled events. It's like you are getting a new expension every months for 10$, and get a chat room with it.

Of course Ziroc keep upgrading his mod all the time, but not all module builder do that.
</font>[/QUOTE]exactly Luvian thats what i like new things every month :D like on my game its a whole new world almost this month new enemies new skills, items :D

Target 09-25-2003 09:42 AM

As I've only got a dial up connection whenever I play on-line I'm dead before I can make a move. I say LAN parties!!!! That’s the way to go.

Finn 09-25-2003 10:26 AM

<font color="white">I played an MMORPG last month during its 30 day free trial period and it got me hooked. I must say that I won't mind paying every month to play but at the end of the day, its not what its cracked up to be. After that whole 30 days, I realised that I spent hours/days sitting in front of the PC being unproductive in "real life".

Its definitely addictive though. I'm still going "cold turkey" at the moment. ;)

</font color>