Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Real Life Friends or Online Friends? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73008)

This is a place where I would like to hear what everyone here has to say about that. I so frequently have to make this decision. I am one moment online chatting to friends and my real life ones ask me to go out. What do I do?

Glorfindel 01-15-2002 05:18 AM

Id go with the Real Life friends.... Because u r alwayz gonna know ur Real Life Friends betta cause as far as u know ur online friends might not b exactly who u think they r.... or who they say they r

Thats my opinion neway :D

Vaskez 01-15-2002 05:45 AM

Heh, I always go out with my real life friends when I get the chance, no matter what I'm doing online.

Memnoch 01-15-2002 06:26 AM

Depends on the situation and my mood. If they say they're going to Bondi beach I'm there. Doowatchalyke! ;)

I try to get a good balance between online and RL social (and work, unfortunately).

Can't miss my Friday and Saturday night boogie, though!

Glorfindel 01-15-2002 06:37 AM

U real lucky u live in Sydney Memnoch.... IMO its definately the Best Place in Aus.
And im not Surprised u go down 2 bondi wheneva u can... I like Bronte betta though

sry 4 going slightly [img]graemlins/offtopic.gif[/img]

What about friends that you don't see a lot becasue they live a bit far away. But phone you ALL the time and are really good friends.

I was just wondering, do they count as real life friends or not??

I think we should stick to who what makes us happy and not to what society judges to be sociable.

Glorfindel 01-15-2002 07:01 AM

Good point..... but how far away do u mean by a little????

Vaskez 01-15-2002 07:09 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Avatar:
What about friends that you don't see a lot becasue they live a bit far away. But phone you ALL the time and are really good friends.

I was just wondering, do they count as real life friends or not??

I think we should stick to who what makes us happy and not to what society judges to be sociable.
<hr></blockquote>

I sense a guilty conscience on Avatar's side. ;) Been spending too much time online? Been neglecting some RL friends?

Jorath Calar 01-15-2002 07:37 AM

I don't have any real life friends... well okey few but they all live ffffar away and I see them like once a month if I'm lucky.

One thing I hate about the internet is you get to know a lot of great people but it is really hard, because you rarely get to see them, if ever. I have a friend in Argentina who I'd die for if I could just get to spend another day with her. We have met in real life but that was 2 years ago and she is sooo far away.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Glorfindel:
Good point..... but how far away do u mean by a little????<hr></blockquote>

I dunno, about a few hours by car.
Oh and Vaskez, you are right. I feel that I am neglecting all the wonderful RL friends around me.