Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, November 6, 2002 (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82402)

Cloudbringer 11-06-2002 10:53 AM

the original thread is here:

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=10&t=001902&p=

the previous thread is here:

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...;f=10;t=012071

<H2><font color="plum">Cloudy's Cafe</font></H2>

Come in, be welcome, be comfortable, be yourself

Welcome to Cloudy's Cafe, a place to have a cup of coffee or a good
darjeeling and the finest in conversation and camaraderie.

The proprietor asks that you follow a few simple guidelines:

<H3>this is a real conversation zone, not a role-play zone</H3>

* no flaming; if you disagree with a viewpoint expressed by any patron, please do so in a civil manner

* any topic is fair game, but keep posts to the standards that Ziroc has set for the entire forum, please (ie: foul language is not appropriate and things should be suitable for all audiences)
-a side note from Cloudy: I see this as a place for those short
conversations about a new baby or the latest soccer fiasco, not for things that are big enough to warrant their own threads, by all means give those things the space they need and post separately!

* Please, no one word or smiley posts (Ziroc has declared them 'real spam' and the proprietor doesn't want the reputuation of "good spam" to suffer!)

* do feel free to be serious or silly and enjoy the company of others while you are here. By all means POST if you have something to say, even to start another topic , we can handle multiple chats, we're a CAFE!!! But be courteous and don't disrupt a conversation just to disrupt it.

Come on in! The bar is stocked with coffees, teas, juices and waters from around the world. And purple napkins, of course!

<font color="pink">The lighting is low, the golden oak counters and tables glow with inviting warmth. Near the window, the lighting is brighter, as comfy, plush leather armchairs wait for those who'd like to read a book while relaxing to music or just lazily watch the world go by.</font>

MagiK 11-06-2002 10:56 AM

<font color="#00ccff">WhooHooo First Post!!! [img]smile.gif[/img] </font>

Horatio 11-06-2002 11:03 AM

I'm almost ashamed to say it, but last night I had a FYCH :( A Fuzzy You Can't Help. :( :(
I was up in the middle of town, in Lester Square. Fireworks were going off, the square was crowded with people walking around. I'd just finished my Haagen Daas (or however you spell it, I have no idea) and was walking with my girl on my arm. I felt so content, it was amazing. My life has been really...buzzing the past few weeks, and last night was the most peaceful I'd had in months.

Oh well....how is everyone?

Cloudbringer 11-06-2002 11:03 AM

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Hello MagiK! How's your day going?

I'm at work. Feeling a bit under the weather, but I've got caught up on a few tasks and that feels good! Am working at catching up on a few more.

Cloudbringer 11-06-2002 11:08 AM

Horatio, that sounds wonderful! Everyone needs moments like that, if you ask me! [img]graemlins/lovestory2.gif[/img]

[ 11-06-2002, 11:08 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]

Sio 11-06-2002 11:46 AM

Hey all, just got in to find my front door window smashed.
I thought I heard something bang last night against my door but when I opened the intersecting door to the front door I couldnt see anything I thought that someone was messing about with my letterbox thats why the dog was barking, and the bang had been a firework.
I was obviously wrong as its nicely smashed up, I didnt see it this morning as I go out the back door to college.
I wish id of noticed it smashed last night (god knows how I missed it!) so I could pelted shit outta the little fuckers who did it! Cant beleive that today kids think 'hey I know, lets smash someones front door, thats a laugh', the little bastards round where I live should be rounded up and shot, the twats only nick off school all day, drink on street corners, take drugs and cause trouble, they will never put antyhign worthwhile into society so heres hoping some vigilante squad takes it upon themselves to knock the little bastards over in their trucks

MagiK 11-06-2002 11:50 AM

<font color="#00ccff">Hihi Cloudy [img]smile.gif[/img] Fine here, have to attend a telecon for a few hours so probably wont post much for the rest of the day,

Sorry to hear that Sio :( </font>

antryg 11-06-2002 11:50 AM

Good morning everyone. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] I've got a present for you Cloudy. *hands Cloudy a pineapple* I hear they are good if you have a cold.

johnny 11-06-2002 12:05 PM

Uh oh, Horatio had an encounter with Mary Jane again. :D [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

Horatio 11-06-2002 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
Uh oh, Horatio had an encounter with Mary Jane again. :D [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]
Goddammit, yet another of my posts twisted by a certain individual into a way to make me look either alcoholic, drugged up or homosexual :D