Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Underdark Question (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11295)

Chamberlain 01-19-2003 01:30 AM

I know this is tough for most of you but I have a question. Please attempt to answer it. I've never played the game past the underdark as most of you know. This is my second time through(in a way) since last time I only played up until the underdark. This time through I have reached the drow city(Ust Natha?) and I've allready gone through the beholder lair, but I am also planning to go through the mind flayer city. Memories of the mind flayer city were not enjoyable, so I am thinking of going back at a later date. My question is...is it possible to re-enter the underdark after you have exited? Because I would like to receive the exp. for defeating the mind flayers (whom I despise greatly) and I would also like to obtain that certain blade(I don't want to spoil for others since I provided no spoiler tag). I would greatly appreciate any answer that one of you fine BGII players could provide.

Thank you in advance.

Notice the proper grammar...hopefully the fine members of this board can understand my question.

Angelousss 01-19-2003 03:38 AM

not 100% sure but I don't believe you can return. Find weapons(or other items) which give mind shield and Use alot of summons

Sir Exxon 01-19-2003 06:45 AM

<font color="gold">You will be able to go to the upper tunnels, where you fought the last Drow, but you can't go back to the Mind Flayer-lair. ;) </font>

Billy Yank 01-19-2003 07:13 AM

Yes you can get back. The only places you can never come back to are the Saughin (sp?) city and Brynn Law island (Spellhold).

Raistlin Majere 01-19-2003 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sir Exxon:
<font color="gold">You will be able to go to the upper tunnels, where you fought the last Drow, but you can't go back to the Mind Flayer-lair. ;) </font>
is that so? i remember re-entering the underdark right after surfacing. i wanted to kill the silver dragon, who sadly wasnt there anymore. im not completely sure, but i think you can get back. just to be sure, i think you should go to to the mind flayer city. in my opinion the beholder city is harder(unless you use items like the cloak of cheese(mirroring, or was it reflection or the shield of balduran.)

[ 01-19-2003, 07:41 AM: Message edited by: Raistlin Majere ]

Helm himself 01-19-2003 11:27 AM

I think it's actually that certain "hilt" that you may be looking for in the mind flayer lair ;)

Alson 01-19-2003 11:29 AM

I'm quite sure you can go back to the Underdark - even to the various cities.

Chamberlain 01-19-2003 01:49 PM

Well, since there's some confusion as to whether you can go back to the mind flayer city, I guess I'll go now...oh, how I hate mind flayers.
I thought you get the blade in the mind flayer city and the hilt in the beholder city. I may be wrong.

Grojlach 01-19-2003 02:16 PM

Chamberlain, just make sure you've got a cleric capable of casting the "Chaotic Commands" spell; the mind flayer dungeon will become a lot easier then. ;)

Raistlin Majere 01-20-2003 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chamberlain:
Well, since there's some confusion as to whether you can go back to the mind flayer city, I guess I'll go now...oh, how I hate mind flayers.
I thought you get the blade in the mind flayer city and the hilt in the beholder city. I may be wrong.

nope, the other way around