Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   My Cat has died (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93851)

Dragonshadow 07-04-2005 11:27 AM

My cat Pixie died today (4th July)
She was 19 and I have known her all my life. She was the thing that kept me going.
R.I.P my little Fuzzy one

Memnoch 07-04-2005 11:32 AM

So sorry to hear that. My cat turned 1 last month and I couldn't imagine life without her now. Hope you're coping alright. :(

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 07-04-2005 11:38 AM

Those crazy animals really get a hold of you. I was just petting my cat just now and saying how I didn't realise how much I missed her 'til I came back (early this morning from vacation). The dog and cat missed us too, even though we had friends staying here.
After we lost our dog in December, my wife was going crazy being home alone. We got another dog around mid January. Don't be afraid to get another one, it really does help; IMHO.

Iron Greasel 07-04-2005 11:39 AM

I'm sorry to hear that too. Both our cats are only a few months old, and neither is technically mine, but I would still be sad if one died. I can't even begin to imagine the sorrow of losing a pet you know really well.

Bozos of Bones 07-04-2005 11:55 AM

19? She must have had a good life then.
Sorry to hear that, Dragonshadow.

Lady Sedai 07-04-2005 03:29 PM

I am very sorry to hear of your loss, dear. I know how it feels. But I hope you can be consoled knowing that Pixie was well loved and cared for in her life and was happy and content with you and your family. Picture her now playing with her favorite toys and frolicking in fields of catnip with other beloved kitties like my Baby who passed away with cancer.

Keep your memories of her close to your heart and do eventually take the advice given here to get another furry friend. There will never be another Pixie, but it eases the hurt to give your affection to another kitty in need of a good home.

*hug*

Ziroc 07-04-2005 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dragonshadow:
My cat Pixie died today (4th July)
She was 19 and I have known her all my life. She was the thing that kept me going.
R.I.P my little Fuzzy one

OMG, I am so sorry Dragonshadow :( , believe me, I know words cannot express how you feel. They are like your children--ARE your children. He was 19!! Well, that truly shows you just how much you cared and loved him!

My pre-choc Siamese, Charly lived till 16 1/2, and when he died, It was like half of me died. I was devestated. Then came that fuzzy headed Choc...

Do not fear, you shall see her again one day. and she will be there purring for you, with a nudge to your leg. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Dalamar Stormcrow 07-04-2005 05:03 PM

My cat, Spookie, died in October of last year, he was 23 years old. October 27, 2004.

Charlie 07-04-2005 05:07 PM

Sorry to hear about it mate. Pets aren't pets, they're eccentric family members, it's heartbreaking to lose one. My sincere sympathies.

robertthebard 07-04-2005 05:09 PM

I am sorry for your loss.