Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Do you buy bottled water?? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93610)

VulcanRider 05-18-2005 07:12 PM

Don't waste your money...

Take a few ounces of water. Garnish with an elegant bottle and a large price tag. Convince Americans it's cool. Somehow, in the 1990s, a French company called Perrier did that, and now, America is getting soaked.

Read all about it

Ladyzekke 05-18-2005 07:38 PM

Thing is, I still buy bottled water because the tap water where I live and work is hideous, it reeks of chlorine like a swimming pool, especially lately (they must have upped the chlorine for spring/summer I'm guessing). So the bottled water is at least better because it does not taste or smell of chemicals. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Charlie 05-18-2005 07:45 PM

I love bottled water....add yeast and hops, even some sugar and a few bubbles. Makes you walk and talk funny every time, you can even get it in cans! Whoever thought of bottled water deserves a beer...

[ 05-18-2005, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: Charlie ]

Kynaeus 05-18-2005 08:20 PM

Damn! I was going to point out Evian backwards is naive, but they beat me to it <_<

I like bottled water because it's easier to carry around rather than a sink and it's usually cold. Just trivial reasons really.

But personally I make a point not to buy bottled water, people have asked me for money to buy bottled water from the machines and I point at the fountain right next to it and say "LOOK! FREE WATER!"

Mack_Attack 05-18-2005 09:14 PM

I still think it is great option instead of buying pop.

I am with Lady Z I use to live in a small town and the water was crap tasted like chemical. So we baught bottled water that goes onto the cooler. ;)

Arvon 05-18-2005 09:38 PM

Nope! Not when it sells for about $10 a gallon. *gasp* more than gas!!!

Vaskez 05-18-2005 10:13 PM

Nah, I've never had to but then again I've only travelled in Europe so I always drink out of the tap and when hiking on mountains I drink outa streams.

Dalamar Stormcrow 05-18-2005 10:49 PM

Well, since the water in DC goes through tertiary treatment, its pretty good. Then again, sometimes storm water gets in there. People say the lead seeping off the pipes in DC is bad, but I prefer 2% lead water over pure water. Theres no flavor, no zest in bottled water.

Salinye 05-19-2005 01:35 AM

I'm what people call a water snob! lol I don't drink tap water unless I'm really desperate. It mostly stems from the fact that I grew up on a farm and our water there was from a natural spring and so no tap water can compare to that.

Yay for bottled water!

~Salinye

Bahamut 05-19-2005 01:51 AM

Yikes... expensive water.

Well here we NEED bottled water. Our tap water is undrinkable. Sucks.

We could purchase purified water for a dollar every 5 gallons more or less...

And bottled water costs less than a dollar