Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   BGTutu - not working? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3629)

Azaghal 02-22-2004 09:31 AM

Finally got DSL last week, downloaded BGTutu, followed the instructions for installations (yep, actually copied the internet page with the instructions to my PC), made a full install of BG1 (as requested), patched, synchronized the directory pathes and run the .exe! Several minutes my PC was busy showing a DOS window and working and my my hopes were high. Started BG1, loaded my saved game and... you guessed it- nothing had happened. Do you have to start a new game (the description says the opposite, doesn't it)?
Help appreciated. Thanks.

RoSs_bg2_rox 02-22-2004 09:59 AM

u definately mean bg tutu and not bgt? I mean I wouldn't question you except the fact you mentiones DSl, I mean its under a mb to download where as bgt is 650mb. well I'm not sure about bg tutu but in bgt you have to start a new game for the changes to take effect. A way to test if it is actually working would be to start again and see if all the other classes etc. came up. That way you would know whether it was the whole thing, or just the save.

Azaghal 02-22-2004 10:47 AM

Yes, it's really BGTuTu, but you're right: The mentioning of DSL here is a bit silly. It's only because I originally thought of downloading BGT (with DSL) but changed my mind in the last second, because the download is sooo huge.
And no, tried starting an new game, it's still 100% BG1.

andrewas 02-22-2004 11:38 AM

Yo shouldn't be starting BG1 at all from what I can tell, BGtutu puts the BG1 content into the BG2 engine, so you should be starting BG2. And you will have to start a new game since there were changes to the save format between Bg1 and BG2, and as far as I can tell there is no conversion done by BGtutu.

Vedran 02-23-2004 08:16 AM

Just create a character and start a new game as if you were going to play regular BG2.

Azaghal 02-23-2004 01:26 PM

Yep. Andrewas, you're right. Misread the BGTuTu description. Of course I have to start BG2, then it's working. Too bad for my BG1 character though. He will never see Amn now.
BTW do the BG2 mods like ease of use 'n' stuff work for the BG1 part? Installed them but to no effect as it seems.

[ 02-23-2004, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: Azaghal ]

Nerull 02-23-2004 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Azaghal:
Yep. Andrewas, you're right. Misread the BGTuTu description. Of course I have to start BG2, then it's working. Too bad for my BG1 character though. He will never see Amn now.
BTW do the BG2 mods like ease of use 'n' stuff work for the BG1 part? Installed them but to no effect as it seems.

Actually, they do work. I tinkered with a Generic Archer starting out (soloed a sorcerer instead) and have some aspects of Ease of Use working (no "you must gather your party"). Some stuff just doesn't show up in BG1 (improved enemies, etc.).