Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Heart of Winter (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51028)

Lord of Alcohol 02-21-2001 07:22 PM

Hello, for those who liked Icewind Dale (I thought it was great!) Heart of Winter is here. I pre-ordered and just had an e-mail that its just been shipped so there goes the weekend! Probably in stores tomorrow but I pre-ordered in case theres some extras. Anyway, its out now and I'm eager to play!

Epona 02-21-2001 07:26 PM

AAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!
I went shopping specially today, and couldn't find it, should have gone tomorrow but can't. What a b*mmer.

Cloudbringer 02-21-2001 07:26 PM

YEEEHA! Thanks for telling us. I've been waiting for that for a month now! Oh, wait, how am I going to fit that into my schedule? Hmmm...sleep...yes, I could give that up for a few months, er well, I already gave up several hrs/night...do you think it's possible to exist on 2 hrs/night ? maybe...sigh!

Cloudy, wondering if she can get a caffeine IV anywhere? LOL!

Lord of Alcohol 02-21-2001 07:33 PM

I cant wait to play!!!!!! I'll have to totally avoid the IWD message board because I want no spoilers!!! I'm ready for BATTLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Epona 02-21-2001 07:39 PM

I have been waiting for this for what seems like ages. I got IWD just before BGII came out, so I hadn't got very far and had to play BGII as soon as I got it. After that, IWD didn't seem as good. I know that HOW doesn't have all the class kits in BGII, but should add enough interest to get started again.
I have to say I prefer outdoor landscapes to dungeon crawls any day (I'm a bit claustrophobic - why this still affects me in a bl**dy PC game I don't understand at all) but looking forward to HOW none the less.

turbovee 02-21-2001 08:16 PM

Hey CB I never thought of this, but when we finish our BG2 multi game in about a year or two Ever thought about a multi IWD? or maybe start one on the side when we can't get Charlie?

Cloudbringer 02-21-2001 08:18 PM

Epona: That is so funny- I'm claustrophobic too! And feel the same way in those dungeons! But I got the hang of the game in IWD and that's the reason I went ahead and bought BG2. And I played IWD to the end just before I started BG2. Loved it, had a great party, but they were a bit low level for last battle.

Probably won't start HOW til I'm farther along in my BG2 games (one single and one multi)

Cloudbringer

Lord of Alcohol 02-21-2001 08:18 PM

I'd like to multi the Heart of Fury mode after I finish HOW

Cloudbringer 02-21-2001 08:21 PM

Turbovee: Yes! I would consider it! Don't know how that would work, with all the characters generated- there aren't any npcs that join you , are there? I loved my party-

Paladin
Ranger (yuanti as enemi)
halfling thief
dwarf fighter-cleric (mc)
Bard (human or half elf don't recall)
Elven Mage

Cloudbringer

Cloudbringer 02-21-2001 08:23 PM

LoA: Heart of Fury?

CB