Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Has it really been ten years? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101916)

Luvian 03-06-2011 01:09 PM

Has it really been ten years?

I signed up to Ironworks in 2001. We're 2011 already. That's a long time ago.

Lots of things have happened since then. We've all gone a long way. But somehow it doesn't feel like ten years to me.

What about you guys? What have you been up to since the day you signed up? Has your life changed much?

Mouse 03-06-2011 03:25 PM

Re: Has it really been ten years?

I've got 10 years older...........................:D

Luvian 03-07-2011 12:43 AM

I did that too. :P Getting 30 really soon. It's... scary. I always wanted to have children by the time I reached around 34-35 but I haven't found the right person yet.

I'm getting a degree in Multimedia Technology (programming, scenario, design, 2d/3d animations, computer graphics, movies, sound editing, flash, etc.) and it's pretty great so far. I have a mandatory conference with a writer from Funcom Montreal next Wednesday. I hope it's interesting!

Next year I should start posting some 3d stuff here. Maybe Ziroc will be able to give me some tricks to get me ahead of class. :D

How about you Mouse? I'm sure you didn't spend all that time just getting older. :P

Cerek 03-07-2011 06:51 AM

<font color=plum>Yes, my life has changed a lot in the last 10 years.</font>

Bungleau 03-07-2011 09:44 AM

Just looked... I joined in 2001 as well. Time has definitely gone by... kids went from being an idea to being teenagers. Nothing wrong with waiting for them...

I still enjoy playing games, helping people to play them, and figuring out how to beat them. Some things may never change...

johnny 03-08-2011 12:27 PM

Well, i was a drunkass when i signed up in 2002 and i am still a drunkass today, so nothing much has changed. :D

Sever 03-08-2011 01:10 PM

Nothing much in the way of progress to report here either. I remember giving myself until 25th birthday to get my stuff together. I stretched it out to 30 and still didn't deliver. Habits of more than 10 years still haven't been kicked, but i did recently get a big wakeup call which led to opportunities and incentive for change, so who knows? Maybe i'll only be a few months late on that 30th deadline.

wellard 03-08-2011 07:22 PM

My kids were rug rats when I joined what was my first ever forum ... Now they are teenagers with thier own forums. And I seem to have gone strangely wider around the waste in that time :eek:

wellard 03-08-2011 07:26 PM

*Notices that I joined within 24 hours of Sever* :heee:

Sever 03-08-2011 11:01 PM

:D Trendsetter, me.