Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   More Than Head Gasket (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91440)

Intrepid 08-29-2004 06:08 AM

OK, seems I crashed my car
well i didn't expect it to have ABS,
so the powerslide didn't go as planned.

Anyway, i won't be doing that again,
well at least not in that car,
i mean i have done it perfectly many times before in other cars,
woah, when ABS kicked in it chopped so much, gah!
(this wasn't on a public road or anything, i'm not dangerously stupid to people other than myself).
And i drifted (choppily) into a thick fence post head on at about 20 ~ 30 kph.

anyway, i need a new bonnet, bumper, front quater pannels, radiator might be be leaking, other than that it is fine and drivable. It still started fine, and i drove it back in to town fine with no real pull on the steering, if anything the pull was less than before.

I really was scared i'd killed that car, but it turned out it just had barbed wire in the fan, anyway, suggestions?
what could i have messed up? chassie? i hope not...
worth trying to fix?

Hivetyrant 08-29-2004 07:58 AM

How about.... Dont crash in the first place???
Or maybe do it in Kirchers car next time???

*EDIT, well, well, well, looks like I finally overtook your post count, and you said it wouldnt happen [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 08-29-2004, 08:00 AM: Message edited by: Hivetyrant ]

Intrepid 08-29-2004 08:01 AM

yeah, but we both know that i won't be able to keep that promise, besides his car doesn't have ABS so it slides great.

shadowhound 08-29-2004 10:23 AM

One of those "Seemed like a good idea at the time" moments? :D

Intrepid 08-29-2004 11:06 AM

it seems like a good idea even now, if only it didn't have ABS.
Although i'm glad it was only 20ish kph when i hit the post, because i was attempting the powerslide at 90kph, so by the time i drifted there i had slowed down a lot.
There is no denying it is bad, all i'm saying is it could have been worse.

Edit: funny really i have had it for 3 days and i majorly damage it haha, anyway i have been talking to a mechanic who has an old magna, anyway he's a kinda shifty guy and he will fix it cheaply, besides the bonnet was dented, and front bumper needed replacing, and radiator leaked a little, this just necessitates the need for me to do something about it.

[ 08-29-2004, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: Intrepid ]

LennonCook 08-30-2004 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
*EDIT, well, well, well, looks like I finally overtook your post count, and you said it wouldnt happen [img]smile.gif[/img]
<span style="color: lightblue">You know what your next challenge is :D

Har'oloth 08-30-2004 05:59 AM

help the poor thing out of his misery!
the car then!

Intrepid 08-31-2004 07:54 AM

ok, i took it to that shifty mechanic i mentioned, and since he isn't a registered mechanic he isn't charging much at all, i did damage the chassie, but he can fix that easily, so everything worked out pretty good i think.
And the crash was pretty fun, although not as much shock as i would have liked.
(ps some of aren't concerned with post counts like you are)

Hivetyrant 08-31-2004 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Intrepid:
(ps some of aren't concerned with post counts like you are)
I wasnt concerned, You just said it wouldnt happen, anyway, ive been here longer than you, so if I wanted to have more posts I probably would. [img]smile.gif[/img]