Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   NWN Portal links? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102232)

Micah Foehammer 05-01-2012 09:26 AM

NWN Portal links?

Z,

You might want to update/double check your links to fan sites for NWN. The following links all had issues for me:

Black Isle: OUT OF BUSINESS, link to blackisle.com redirects to interplay.com

Neverwinter Stratics: malfunctioning; not sure if site is down permanently or just having trouble

Neverwinter Nights Resource Site: URL not found
The Band of the Red Hand: URL not found
Neverwinter Nights Marketplace: URL not found

Neverwinter Nights Dragonlance Project: This now links to a Korean or Japanese site

Edit: The DLA team abandonded the NWN1 DragonLance project in 2006. The project was restarted using NWN2 and is still active. The new site was last updated on May 3rd, 2012.

Ziroc 05-03-2012 07:25 PM

Re: NWN Portal links?

Yeah, I have it on the list of things to do-- It sucks some of those fan sites are gone.
But there are NEW ones that are missing (just checked).

I didn't know Team DLA was working with NWN2, I thought they hated NWN2? Maybe since more mod tools came about they changed their minds. When original DLA Forum went down, it sucked... I know a few of them, and they were a godsend with 3DS Max help with bones (animating a model with bones).

I am redesigning the ENTIRE Ironworks Gaming area. Some areas will be closed (Darkstone and others set to a 'classic area') and a few new areas. All the Links from all the Games will go through a check, and update.

Whats the new URL for the DLA NWN2 Project? I wanna see what they are up to! :)

Micah Foehammer 05-03-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziroc (Post 1248491)
Yeah, I have it on the list of things to do-- It sucks some of those fan sites are gone.
But there are NEW ones that are missing (just checked).

I didn't know Team DLA was working with NWN2, I thought they hated NWN2? Maybe since more mod tools came about they changed their minds. When original DLA Forum went down, it sucked... I know a few of them, and they were a godsend with 3DS Max help with bones (animating a model with bones).

I am redesigning the ENTIRE Ironworks Gaming area. Some areas will be closed (Darkstone and others set to a 'classic area') and a few new areas. All the Links from all the Games will go through a check, and update.

Whats the new URL for the DLA NWN2 Project? I wanna see what they are up to! :)

Here's the new DL NWN2 project.

http://dragonlancenights.com/

That MAY not be the same DLA team. Bioware hired at least three of the original DLA team members.

here's the DLA abandoned announcment:

http://www.forgottenlance.com/games/adventures.htm

Some of the IWD, IWD2 and BG2 links have similiar issues.

Ziroc 05-03-2012 07:49 PM

Update -- Just incase one of those links was taken over by a site that has dangerous code, I removed the dead links.. (and poor old Black Isle). ;)

I did add NWN Nexus and the Wiki. Let me know the DLA URL Ced.. tried a search but found old stuff. (Ah, nevermind :D) Got it. Will add it to the next update.
Thank you sir! :)

Ziroc 05-03-2012 07:54 PM

Yeah, it sucks that all these sites I loved are gone.. or those dang ad sites own the URL now.. ah well, such is life. All the links for ALL the games will get a cleaning.

(If you find one that links to a site that looks dangerous, or your antivirus goes off, let me know--I just checked a few, and they look ok so far).

Micah Foehammer 05-03-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziroc (Post 1248496)
Yeah, it sucks that all these sites I loved are gone.. or those dang ad sites own the URL now.. ah well, such is life. All the links for ALL the games will get a cleaning.

(If you find one that links to a site that looks dangerous, or your antivirus goes off, let me know--I just checked a few, and they look ok so far).

No AV issues on the ones that I checked but I didn't check them all.

Some of the older BG and BG2 sites have moved. You should definitely make sure you have the right links for stuff like Weidu and Baldurdash and PlanetBaldursGate. Might want to look at the Pocket Plane Group page as well.

Ziroc 05-03-2012 08:37 PM

Will do! Thanks for the help! I remember starting the first Baldurs Gate site because of the 'top 50 sites' and was like, I LOVE this game, and wanted to see how high I could get on the ranking.. My original site (sans forum back then) hit #1 in a week! It was between myself and another site at the time, and we had fun trying to be first. :)

Then I didn't care about the 'top 50 sites' area, and wanted to expand. the #2 site did the same.. It was fun though!! (that was before top 50 lists were spam filled crap).