Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Skipping (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2282)

Witchhunter 07-01-2002 01:12 PM

I am making my way through Baldur's Gate and I want to continue to SoA, but I really think it is getting a bit old, so the question is...is there any way of...ehh...skipping to the end?

Albromor 07-01-2002 02:14 PM

Where are you in the game that it seems to have gotten boring? Have you installed Tales of the Swordcoast yet? Believe me, that won't get boring. As for "skipping" the only way o know to do this is that you choose not to do any of the quests and just keep on the main quest. There is a lot to do in the city of Baldur's Gate but you can pretty much skip the majority of it. By the way, SoA has TONS of quests in it.

Debaser 07-01-2002 02:31 PM

There is no way to just "skip" to the end.
You can circumvent the completion of all the side-quests and what not and just proceed head on with the main plot that will lead you to the end. but beware, if you're guys are not of a certain significant level come the last fight w/ Sarevok, you will most definitely get creamed. (unless you cheat.)

personally, i am mystified as to how you could be bored with playing the game...unless of course, this is not one of the first few times you're playing it.

Witchhunter 07-01-2002 02:55 PM

Didn't mean to hurt anyones feelings. I completed the game once before, I am at the Nashkel Mines right now, and I find that area oh so boring. The game is generaly cool, it is just me that is impatient to reach SoA, another hint to my weird person is that I actualy never succeeded in completing Throne of Bhaal even though I have been at Saradush twice...

SixOfSpades 07-01-2002 04:49 PM

There are indeed times where the game can get boring, and even irritating, and you mentioned 2 of them, Witchhunter: You'll run through the early stages of BG1 at least 20 times, and you can only clear the Nashkel Mines (with its dozens & dozens of worthless Kobolds and annoying Traps) so many times before it just makes you gag. And the atmosphere of Saradush is so hostile, coupled with its narrow streets that make it difficult to walk around in, yada yada. But really, the plot is mostly interesting both in BG1 and BG2 (not ToB, sadly); but you say you've already beaten them both before, so if you want new experiences, you should play a different character, do different quests, and use different NPCs. Therein lies BG's replay value: exploit it.

Albromor 07-01-2002 08:46 PM

By the way, Witchhunter, I don't think you hurt anyone's feelings! I didn't realize you have already played through so, yes, I can understand how you would get bored. I have thought of going back and redoing BG2 as a different character before getting any further into the game but the thought of redoing the whole beginning dungeon again makes me shudder. It would be boring indeed.

Wilbur 07-02-2002 09:01 AM

I had the same thoughts as you once. You are soloing i assume, because otherwise there is little point to importing. To skip chapters you need to write the cheat console CLUAConsole:EnableCheatKeys(). then press control-C as many times as you want to skip a chapter each time. I don't think this can be used to end the game though, so you still might have to fight through the end.