Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Most romantic thing anyone has told you (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88074)

mistral4543 10-14-2003 12:26 AM

<font color=orchid>Are third party accounts counted?

Flash back to 9 years ago. It was close to the GCE A Level examinations and I was in the library talking to friends from the next class. Suddenly, the whizz kid asked me if my father was a thief. I didn't really know whether to be indignant, as I guessed that there was some hidden meaning behind those words. But the guy refused to tell me and I was left to ponder over the strange remark...

A few days later, I bumped into the same guy and another friend. This time, I would not be shaken off and persisted, no, demanded to know what exactly he had meant by the remark. Guy number 2 finally relented and said, "<font color=white>If your father isn't a thief, how could he have stolen the stars from the sky and placed them in your eyes?</font>".

Corny or not, it is definitely something I will always remember... the most romantic thing about me that I have heard.</font>

The Hierophant 10-14-2003 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
<font color=pink>Now that's nasty [img]tongue.gif[/img] :D </font>
Not as nasty as some of the hookers ;) [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Downunda 10-14-2003 02:24 AM

You'd know would ya dude? [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]
Just make sure you stay away from Manchester St when you head to Chch, that's where the scary ones can be found, look funny when you drive past though :D there's this one chick that fully looks like a guy that dresses in a fairy costume, so funny [img]tongue.gif[/img]

but this is getting off topic >.< sorry sweetie [img]smile.gif[/img]

Lady Blue03 10-14-2003 02:55 AM

<font color=pink>Thanks for that [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Thats so sweet Mistral. Sometimes its best when total strangers say it because youre just like....really? Other times youre like...wow...get away, lol ;) </font>

Lioness 10-14-2003 09:36 AM

Best of luck, LB and Downunda! :D I'm so happy to hear you're doing well, and enjoy your time together, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. ;) Oceans suck. Let's just get rid of them. [img]smile.gif[/img]

(*ducks back into the mired depths of boarding school*)

RevRuby 10-14-2003 12:04 PM

congrats lb and downunda!

i have had a slew of things said to me that are romantic, most said by nathan, but what i remember most are his actions. or the words expressing an action. he has had to help me roll over at night sometimes since my back and hips are protesting being pregnant, and one night i apologized for needing his help. he simply said "i love you." it wasn't the it's ok i expected or the back to sleepless oblivian silence that iw ould normally get. he told me in one simple sentence why he helps, and that it's fine.

Cloudbringer 10-14-2003 01:55 PM

aww, that was a very warm 'n fuzzy post, RevRuby! I think that's what romance is all about- the simple things we do for love. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Epona 10-14-2003 05:51 PM

Awww that's really lovely LB and Downunda, I'm dead chuffed for you both! (Chuffed=pleased/happy)

Firestormalpha 10-14-2003 06:36 PM

It's wonderful that you were able to die happy Epona :D .

Tancred 10-14-2003 07:41 PM

*sigh* Romance isn't something that comes easy to a man of solitary habits and silent, forbidding demeanour as myself. I think the closest anyone's ever got to expressing love to me is "Um, hello! Would you - oh, you already have a drink. Er, good. So, um... er... how are you?"

[ 10-14-2003, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: Tancred ]