Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Your opinion of unnecessary quests (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59269)

Sir Exxon 11-24-2001 10:12 AM

<font color="red">I have just started to solo as a cavalier. I want as much EXP as possible, but I also want to finish it to christmas. That meens that I cant do all the quests.
So my question is:
Which quests shall I drop/which quests gives most EXP?</font>

<font color="green">see ya!</font>

Barb 11-24-2001 12:40 PM

Anomens is good. The ones in The Drow city where you put the good guys eggs in the egg holder thiing. Drop some minor ones like The one for the wizard in the sewers and also the one for the churches. ie the ones where you must get pure ilithium.

crimsonson 11-24-2001 02:30 PM

That is very difficult scenario.

Paladins by design level up very slowly, meaning a lot of XP.

If really pressed dont do any Fedex type quest (give this, get this type).

Tom 11-24-2001 02:41 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by crimsonson:
That is very difficult scenario.

Paladins by design level up very slowly, meaning a lot of XP.

If really pressed dont do any Fedex type quest (give this, get this type).
<hr></blockquote>

So you mean dont go *GET* the Holy Avenger?

What really to drop is the Eyeless CUlt one. I dont do it ever anyway but thats just me.

Galadria 11-24-2001 03:43 PM

IMHO,+, you've gotta do the Paladin quest. Lotsa loot, good weapons and CARSOMYR, the best weapon in the game.

Sir ReGiN 11-24-2001 03:55 PM

This is my first time thorugh with a paladin, and I'm wondering:
What happens to your paladin stronghold if you killed Firkraag before you got it?
Am I officialy accepted when I have done all thee quests they have given me?

Dundee Slaytern 11-25-2001 12:15 AM

MY GOD?!?! Skip the Unseeing Eye quest?!?! That place is a godsend for Xp if you have the Shield of Balduran and since you are a Cavalier, you also have Turn Undead.

Aduzedge also works well against the Undead, as do Protection from Undead scrolls.

I gained about 2 and a half levels doing the Unseeing Eye quest as a solo Cavalier.

SecretMaster 11-25-2001 12:24 AM

Hmm, i don't know. I killed Firkraag when i was appointed the quest. I think you can still join though.

Mitro Jellywadder 11-25-2001 06:31 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Barb:
Drop some minor ones like The one for the wizard in the sewers and also the one for the churches. ie the ones where you must get pure ilithium.<hr></blockquote>

Huh..? Those are two of the quickest ones to complete. It's kinda like free experience points. Talk...walk to new area..talk..
rest 3 times...talk...new area...talk..new area...talk..done

Aragorn1 11-25-2001 06:33 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Barb:
Anomens is good.<hr></blockquote>
He's soloing barb you idiot!!!