Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Madman's Discussion on Drug Use (NO GLORIFYING DRUG USE HERE) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80034)

norompanlasolas 07-09-2002 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lanesra:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by johnny:
Neb, i suppose next you're gonna say Maradonna was a lousy footballplayer if it wasn't for his daily dosis of coke, right ? :D

Didn't he think he had gods hand ?..well there ya go then :D </font>[/QUOTE]ahhh... i love the smell of resentment in the morning. :D

johnny 07-09-2002 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lanesra:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by johnny:
Neb, i suppose next you're gonna say Maradonna was a lousy footballplayer if it wasn't for his daily dosis of coke, right ? :D

Didn't he think he had gods hand ?..well there ya go then :D </font>[/QUOTE]Bullseye there Lanesra, but besides of that he was possibly the greatest player ever ! :D

johnny 07-09-2002 12:09 PM

Memnoch's story sounds a lot like mine, in fact it COULD be my story. In my twenties me and my frieds travelled all over Europe to visit raves. I'm not even going to go into the amount of coke, speed, lsd and xtc we consumed in those days, cause it's too much to mention. But at a certain point in my life, about 5 years back i just said: enough of this, it was fun while it lasted but it's time to go back to the real world. So i did and never looked back. I never could understand those guys though who were saying they couldn't quit, i think they didn't WANT to quit. Probably cause they're sissies. I find it hard to believe you can get physically addicted to stuff like coke or speed, it's all between the ears. Either you say i quit, or you continue to stuff your nose, but don't say "i can't", cause imo that's bullshit. Believe me, i know what i'm talking about, i've been there.

Morgan_Corbesant 07-09-2002 12:38 PM

i blame it all on cRAP music. they glorify EVERYTHING bad. as much as i like him, Eminem IS a bad influence for children, but then again, so is EVERY other cRAPPER out there. down with rap, and the drugs will follow, heh. (as will alot of violence, and RIDICULEOUS(sp) styles of dress)

flibulzbuth 07-09-2002 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Morgan_Corbesant:
i blame it all on cRAP music. they glorify EVERYTHING bad. as much as i like him, Eminem IS a bad influence for children, but then again, so is EVERY other cRAPPER out there. down with rap, and the drugs will follow, heh. (as will alot of violence, and RIDICULEOUS(sp) styles of dress)
I blame it all on country music. Those redneck banshees with ridiculous hats and iodlee-hee-dlidoos are the WORST influence on children. They raise them so tight and straight their poor kids have no other choice than try every experience, good or bad, as soon as they get some slack on the leash.

Woops, maybe i'm categorizing too much [img]tongue.gif[/img]

There's a link between rap and dope-culture though (and afro-americans too): they all come from the ghettos. Drug is fought back by education, and they can't get a decent one living in those conditions.

Sir Kenyth 07-09-2002 02:22 PM

Drug use for euphoria is generally bad. It's obvious that too many are unable to control their habits. If you're talking about drugs that should be made available as treatments, the only drugs I think that should be considered are anabolic steroids. Only under a competent doctors supervision with a presciption for people who are not involved in competetive sports. They have benefits when used correctly and are not abused. Newer time released injectables would help physicians control the treatment. Most of the steroid horror stories you hear are from SEVERE overdosing for many years. Properly controlled therapy provides proven benefits for people who are underweight/overweight, people with wasting diseases or eating disorders, depression and/or chronic tiredness, sexual dysfunction in some cases, etc. Side effects are almost non-existent in theraputic doses. There are also numerous other drugs that were classified as steroids even though they weren't simply because they were found being used with steroid abusers. Some of these drugs also have theraputic effects on certain hormonal imbalaces and their symptoms. One of the drugs made illegal is actually an effective bronchiodialator that has no anabolic effects at all. It was simply used as a stimulant much like ephedrine is now. Ignorance ruled at the time these drugs were made illegal and things were handled rashly because the professional sports arena and olympics were being skewed. Time was of the essence in passing legislation to pacify everyone. Testosterone suppliments are slowly being introduced as legal pharmecuticals in the form of the patch. These seem to be only prescribed as a last resort if the natural testosterone level is considered abnormally low. Perhaps these drugs should be a little less stringently controlled and their use broadened.

johnny 07-09-2002 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by flibulzbuth:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Morgan_Corbesant:

I blame it all on country music. Those redneck banshees with ridiculous hats and iodlee-hee-dlidoos are the WORST influence on children. They raise them so tight and straight their poor kids have no other choice than try every experience, good or bad, as soon as they get some slack on the leash.

Woops, maybe i'm categorizing too much [img]tongue.gif[/img]

There's a link between rap and dope-culture though (and afro-americans too): they all come from the ghettos. Drug is fought back by education, and they can't get a decent one living in those conditions.
</font>[/QUOTE]Don't forget that cocaine was an expensive drug about 15 years ago, you had to make quite a living to finance your habit. Ghetto folks maybe able to buy that nowadays, but back then it was a upperclass kind of drug.

Dramnek_Ulk 07-09-2002 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Leonis:
Decriminalise.
Educate.
Educate.
Educate.

What obviously makes the most sense is for the state to act as sole supplier and regulator,
It could make sure that all drugs are pure and it could provide correct conditions and tuition for their Sensible usage.
And once it has centralised all narcotics under it’s mandate, it can then force all unsanctioned dealers etc out of the market by using its monopoly powers.
Because, You cannot stop people from using them, so it makes more sense to at least try and make it as safe as possible.

Anyway, It just makes it more dangerous to keep most of them illegal,
Once, when I went with a friend to get some umm…. special leaves,
We got to the place; my friend handed over his money, they closed the door , and didn’t bother to open it again for aaagggees,
My friend knocked on the door To remonstrate with the dealer , and the most enormous bloke I have ever seen opened it, He then told us to “F**K Off or I’m going to beat the Sh** out of you”,
So we sprinted off as fast as we could, my friend having lost quite a pretty penny.

[ 07-09-2002, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: Dramnek_Ulk ]

flibulzbuth 07-09-2002 03:51 PM

The government could sell the drugs, here in Quebec most wines and spiritual are sold in gov. liquor stores. We still have decent prices and a large choice.

But should the gov. produce the drug? In the case of marijuana, NO WAY!
There are many varieties of marijuanas, made different by their taste, strength and composition. There are 2-3 types of hallucinogenics in the pot: THC, the main one (giving the high-smile) and 1-2 others i forgot the name (knocking down, giving munchies, etc...). Their concentration varies greatly from one variety to another, and is also affected by the way it is cultivated and dried since the 2 other molecules come from the THC.

So there's no way i'd be fulfilled with the State crop ( [img]smile.gif[/img] ). Also, it should still be legitimate to grow your own. Growing pot is much more rewarding than growing roses, believe me [img]smile.gif[/img] .

For purely chemical drugs though, it would be a good idea. There are places popping up in montreal where heroin addicts can go buy their fix. These places do a follow-up on the people and make sure they don't inject sh*t in their veins.

Chewbacca 07-09-2002 06:30 PM

Unless your an artist, who uses a mind altering substance with the intent aimed for the mind effect to influence your art, then you you really cant say if the the 3rd party substance was a detriment or a benifit, but I bet the Artist in question can.

And what about the cultures, philosophies and religions that include using a substance (Peyote) as part of their lifestyle and rituals? One of the few wise laws on the books in the US concerning drugs was established in the late 1970's. Part of it states simply that indigenious people here can use traditional psycotropic substances like peyote and mescaline as part of thier cultures rituals.

The hypocrisy is that the non-indigenous faiths like Rastafari, Some Hindu, Coptics, Shamanic, ect. cant use Canibis as thier libation legally.

It doesnt take a scientist or doctor to describe the difference between peyote and Pot, not to mention congress signed an act gauranteeing this freedom for one group.

Yet in the early 80's the supreme court ruled against the Coptics on the grounds that the public dangers of drug addiction ( now debunked compared to the public dangers of prohibition itself) out wiegh the rights of a few dudes in miami smoking pot inside thier homes and temples.

I challenge anyone intersted in this topic to get the book " The Emporer Wears No Cloths " by Jack Herer. It concerns Canibis prohibition in America as well as the world and includes excellent facts, alot of which were found tucked away in the goverment's own librarys. [img]smile.gif[/img]

In no way does this book endores drug use. It exposes a scandal near treason that we still perpetuate today by staying silent.

....Drug war? We shouldn't call it a drug war because real wars end...
From HBO's The Wire