Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Shapshifting (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53691)

w6u6f 05-24-2001 11:51 PM

Just a quick question. I looked on a few websites for the answer but, could not find the answer. When shapsifting with a druid, does it it have any negative effects. I seem to recall it doing something bad to constitution but, I can't remember. Also when in one of these forms, where can I look at the stats to see how much damage I am doing (what a bad newbie question)

Now, I will ask for some spoiler info. Could someone tell me where a website would be to help me find Mazzy the halfling and have her join my party. T

Thanks,
Mike

Accord 05-24-2001 11:57 PM

SPOILERS:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
For Mazzy, you will need to do the Umar Hill quest first, in Umar Hill's Ranger Cabin, there is a map which you can pick up. With the map, there will be an update of your world map. Then you head out into the wilderness and to a NEW place called Templed Ruins, you will fight LOTS of Shade Wolfs and Shadows (so be ready), at the Northeast side of the map there will be an entrance to the dungeon below, go in. Inside the dungeon you will fight more shadows and their kins, Immediately after you enter this dungeon there will be a door on the north side of the corridor, go in, go through another door. There you will face a Shadow Jail Keeper, dispose of him, get the "key" off his dead body and open the doors to your right, Mazzy is inside and she will initiate dialogue with you.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!

Accord 05-24-2001 11:57 PM

Btw, welcome to the forum.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!

Kerlyssa 05-25-2001 02:29 AM

There are no bad side effects to shapeshifting that I noticed, though you are limited to a certain number of shape-shifts per day. You might have confused shape-shifting with the Avenger class, which has a -2 constitution penalty. =)

BlackAssassin 05-25-2001 02:32 AM

speaking of avengers, waht does a lesser basalisk look like? i would recon it would be like a koa-toa or a green salamander.

------------------
ShadowMaster of the Theives of Darkness. I'm also an ice cream man!

[]####[]::::::>

Kerlyssa 05-25-2001 02:34 AM

Like a yellow crocodile with a ton of legs. =)

BlackAssassin 05-25-2001 02:43 AM

You would think you could fight them in the game but you don't. Who is it that can change into a fire salamander? In shadowkeeper it has a specail ability that alows it but a don't know who can do it. Once shapechanged into one you can breathe fire which is cool.

------------------
ShadowMaster of the Theives of Darkness. I'm also an ice cream man!

[]####[]::::::>

Willard 06-24-2001 04:30 PM

My avenger could not change into a basilisk, just a salamander, and I could only change into a giant spider instead of a sword spider.Also, BlackAssassin, I think that you can't breath fire while in salamander mode but you can do fire damage with your weapon ( a giant fork I think).

Nanobyte 06-24-2001 05:37 PM

Has anyone taken the time to play a Shapeshifter? I think it would be neat if you could shapeshift into a greater werewolf instead of a regular one. Well, they could have it so the Druid can shapeshift into a werewolf at his low levels, and when he reaches his peak he can become the greater werewolf.

Coldblade 06-24-2001 06:09 PM

they do. shapeshifter the early level ure regular werewolf but later level u become a greater.