Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   213 - is it enough?? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84789)

Davros 03-18-2003 06:30 AM

It was against England - it was against New Zealand - but is it against Sri Lanka AND NOW IT'S SUDDEN DEATH. Our strength has been our bowling in this World Cup, but right now this game is on a knife edge. One good Jayasuriya - Attapatu partnership and the title defence could come crashing down.

Am I confident - hmmm - not as confident as I would be with another 40 runs - time to crack open a Bundy and experience the typical dizzying heights (or occasional shattering lows) that are the constant friend of the supporters of Australian Cricket.

Mouse 03-18-2003 09:17 AM

Looks good enough - Sri Lanka: 84-7 (26 overs) as I type.... [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Davros 03-18-2003 09:37 AM

It's looking good - but one more wicket before I pop the corks on the Bundy again [img]smile.gif[/img]

Davros 03-18-2003 10:09 AM

Now it's raining - over to Messers Duckworth and Lewis.

Mouse 03-18-2003 10:37 AM

AFAIK, Duckworth Lewis will give to game to the Aussies. You lot are home and dry (or wet as the case may be).

Davros 03-18-2003 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mouse:
AFAIK, Duckworth Lewis will give to game to the Aussies. You lot are home and dry (or wet as the case may be).
POP - there goes the champagne cork [img]smile.gif[/img] . From what I understand, the rain is still pelting down and they only have another 15 mins available for play. If it stopped right now and they ripped the covers off and got in one over they would need to score 50 runs off it.

OK - who will we meet in the final - India must be odds on, but the Kenyans have been real surprise packets [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Piestrider 03-18-2003 11:57 AM

LOL... maybe this is just my Texan showing through, but I didn't understand a single word you guys were saying. Something about crickets bowling I believe. :D

Memnoch 03-19-2003 02:18 AM

How noble was Gilly...what a legend (even if he's a Westralian :D ).

Draigo 03-19-2003 04:39 AM

I've heard about the sport all my life even watched it a few times on tv and still don't get it. Does anyone know a good web site where it explains the sport and how its played. Not too many Candian cricket champions out there that I know of. lol

Lanesra 03-19-2003 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Draigo:
I've heard about the sport all my life even watched it a few times on tv and still don't get it. Does anyone know a good web site where it explains the sport and how its played. Not too many Candian cricket champions out there that I know of. lol
Davros can explain it to you. :D can't you Davros