Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   There is altogether too much rudeness here lately! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73248)

Sazerac 01-30-2002 04:05 PM

Really, guys! Come on and lighten up! In the past week, I can't name how many threads I've been in where people are grousing at one another, complaining about other people's sigs (we're working on that, BTW), acting snotty when someone asks a simple question or makes a request, making editorial comments when someone makes a post, taking high-handed, officious attitudes with other members...I mean, really! [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]

What happened to the friendly environment we used to have in here? I certainly hope this isn't the way those of you who are doing this treat people in RL.

Now let's lighten up, or I'm going to start a "Random Acts of Kindness/Senseless Acts of Virtue" thread. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Over and out,

Neb 01-30-2002 04:16 PM

In the past week? Hm, I've been noticing a non-IW-ish atmosphere around here for a couple of months now....

Dreamer128 01-30-2002 04:18 PM

Grrr, how DARE you suggest that SOME of us are ACTUALLY being rude to one another you [Censored for the younger members] ! *Grabs stick of the wall. ;) Seriously though, I think Sazy is right. Especially political discusions seem to be the cause of this *Looks ashamed.

Durwyn 01-30-2002 04:21 PM

Well, I'll take a quote from the Real World. The reason why this is all happening is (I think) because "People stop being nice, and start getting real" hehe.

Neb 01-30-2002 04:23 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Durwyn:
Well, I'll take a quote from the Real World. The reason why this is all happening is (I think) because "People stop being nice, and start getting real" hehe.<hr></blockquote>

In that case I'd prefer nice to real.

This place actually used to be SO much more fun before....

Dreamer128 01-30-2002 04:25 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Neb:

This place actually used to be SO much more fun before....
<hr></blockquote>Oh no! Not the 'I miss the good old time when people like Caleb and the Dawg where still around' discussion again. You sound like my grandmother ;)

Vaskez 01-30-2002 04:36 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sazerac:
Really, guys! Come on and lighten up! In the past week, I can't name how many threads I've been in where people are grousing at one another, complaining about other people's sigs (we're working on that, BTW), acting snotty when someone asks a simple question or makes a request, making editorial comments when someone makes a post, taking high-handed, officious attitudes with other members...I mean, really! [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]

What happened to the friendly environment we used to have in here? I certainly hope this isn't the way those of you who are doing this treat people in RL.

Now let's lighten up, or I'm going to start a "Random Acts of Kindness/Senseless Acts of Virtue" thread. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Over and out,
<hr></blockquote>

WHAT?!?! Just point out that culprits, Saz! I'll sort 'em out!

Neb 01-30-2002 04:37 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dreamer128:
Oh no! Not the 'I miss the good old time when people like Caleb and the Dawg where still around' discussion again. You sound like my grandmother ;) <hr></blockquote>

What? You mean I'm not? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

You youngster! Need to learn some respect for your elders! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

And no, I won't start that discussion again, you've already heard me say it enough times....

But it IS true though, this place used to be a lot more fun and a lot more active.

Vaskez 01-30-2002 04:43 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Neb:

What? You mean I'm not? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

You youngster! Need to learn some respect for your elders! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

And no, I won't start that discussion again, you've already heard me say it enough times....

But it IS true though, this place used to be a lot more fun and a lot more active.
<hr></blockquote>

WARNING: SERIOUS POST:

Don't worry, it'll be REALLY active once NWN is out.

Durwyn 01-30-2002 04:45 PM

Well, I'd consider it a reality fact really. I mean no one is going to hold America a peacful country so to say. Or any community will not be all friendly and nice and kind in all ways to each other, at least not forever. Its more of a reality aspect, as a community grows, there will be different discussions, more discussions, more heated topics that eventually will lead to heated discussions. I mean America as I know, was a very peacful and a nice country before. But when many many pepople like myself included imigrated to America, it became bigger, and much more unstable so to say, un-controlled, and well people stopped being nice, and got real so to say. So IronWorks grew and more people came, different people hehe. But truly I must say the last few weeks have been heated, but not to a huge extent. Its was pretty cool and fun here actually, at least for me hehe.

IronWorks "A GREAT FUN FEELING, NO MATTER WHAT!"
Orbit Gum "A BETTER CLEAN FEELING, NO MATTER WHAT!"

You get the idea ;) .