Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Where did the "Whats an American" thread go? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73038)

Scronan 01-17-2002 11:20 AM

Hi,

I was enjoying the thread about "what an American is" and similar subjects, but I see now that the thread and all posts are completely gone.

Curious to know if it got out of hand (didn't appear to be so when I had posted) or that someone said something that wasn't appropriate?

Hmm, oh well, would like to know either way....

Best

Scronan

Legolas 01-17-2002 01:40 PM

My guess is that it's on the next page. There's a whole row of ascending numbers at the top of the page, and if you just click the 2 or the 3 you should see the post again ;)

Sigmar 01-17-2002 01:44 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Legolas:
My guess is that it's on the next page. There's a whole row of ascending numbers at the top of the page, and if you just click the 2 or the 3 you should see the post again ;) <hr></blockquote>

Legolas I don't know if you've noticed (because I didn't until I looked under his name, I thought he was a newbie at first) but Scronan is a moderator, not trying to be a smart-ass or anything just pointing it out.

Thoran 01-17-2002 01:45 PM

nope... got nuked (by either a moderator or the owner).
Last time I saw it there wasn't any nastyness going on. There was one post by a russian guy that some might have been offended by... but it wasn't bad if you're used to the abrupt nature of the english most russians speak, (the ones I've met at least) and it was an interesting thread. Too bad.

Durwyn 01-17-2002 02:45 PM

Thoran, I'm Russian, but I live in USA. And I dont think I offended anyone.

Besides the Russian you meet since you're also in NY are Jewsish-Russian, there are not considered "Russian" in Russia, they are simply considered Jewish people. One reason is because alot and I tell you A LOT of those Jewish Russian are very bad people, almost all of them.

You see Russian-Jewish history and basis is made up on being a "show off". So basically nice cars, big families, expansive weddings and stuff like that.

It disgusts the Russian. In Russian if you're "Russian" you are Chiristian-Orthodox...

Just wanted to point that out. I know by a fact many of Russians in America are respected low, but believe me, you have not seen the true Russians, most of the Russians that are in America came from Odessa, the captical of those Jewish Russians who made Russians in general viewed very badly by most of Americans.

Rikard_OHF 01-17-2002 03:41 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sigmar:

Legolas I don't know if you've noticed (because I didn't until I looked under his name, I thought he was a newbie at first) but Scronan is a moderator, not trying to be a smart-ass or anything just pointing it out.
<hr></blockquote>

Being a Mod dun mean you know everything about the forum hun

Scronan 01-17-2002 03:44 PM

Hiya

Legolas - no worries mate, I do come across as a newbie since I don't post that much, but I've been a member of Ironworks since October of 2000. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The post must have been deleted, since my recent posts from yesterday aren't listed under my "view recent posts." Its not on any pages that I've looked through so I'm nearly positive its gone.

I'm sure there was a good reason if it was deleted, oh well. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Best

Scronan

Scronan 01-17-2002 03:59 PM

Rikard_OHF quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Sigmar:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Being a Mod dun mean you know everything about the forum hun

True enough! Sometimes I have trouble even turning my computer on. Since I work as a computer technician I tend to get my co-workers to do everything for me while I sit and play Everquest all day. (wait, no that's my supervisor that does that, *chuckle*).

But I do know how to navigate the forum, come on guys, give a person the benefit of the doubt, eh? I think y'all are a little harsh on the "newbie" thing, there was once a guy at the Wizards and Warriors forum in the early days that everyone harshed on since he talked about some of the game dynamics and how it was made.

Turns out, he was one of the original graphic designers and had worked on a large part of the game, it was pretty funny when he mentioned who he was, a lot of people were embarrased for being kind of mean to him.

I don't think its the number of posts that count, but the quality of what you do post. We all make mistakes, that's how we learn. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Best

Scronan

Thoran 01-17-2002 04:04 PM

Durwyn I guess what I meant was that you aren't very "Politically Correct" (your last post was ample evidence of that fact [img]smile.gif[/img] ) and these days some people will get in a lather anytime someone posts a generalization about anything. This is a trait I have seen in other Russian's I've met, and not a one of them was Jewish... or rich. I think it might be cultural... either that or something to do with the translation from Russian to English.

In any event, it was the only post I saw that anyone could have possibly been offended by... and even that would be a stretch IMO.

LennonCook 01-17-2002 04:17 PM

<font color="lightgreen"> ONe of the GD mods might have thought it recially disctiminative. They were more than likely acting under the guidlings set down to them, and everyone else, by Ziroc.
This sort of descrimination and racism is not only against the rules here, but Illegal. I am 100% behind whoever deleted it.

And Durwyn ?? Those Russian-Jews seem like they disgrace their own religeon by showing off. AFAIK that is not the proper way of Orhtodox Christian, or Orthodox Jew. </font>