Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   prob w/Imoen (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59353)

Raiu 11-27-2001 04:46 AM

I was just wondering, when I create my new char. and start to play Imoen doesn't have access to her spells. I tried to mem then sleep but then it doesn't come up. It shows her spells in her book, but then when I click on the cast spell it's there but brown, so I can't cast them. So far out of 4 new char I made only with one she can cast her spells. Any clue on what's up?
Replys welcomed...total newbie! =)

Aelia Jusa 11-27-2001 04:47 AM

Did you give her any armour to wear?

Btw, welcome, Raiu [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

Whailor 11-27-2001 04:57 AM

As Aelia said.. casters cannot use any armor save the robes and some "special" magic armor, anythig else will disable the spellcasting abilities. Take off Imoen's armor, note the message, put it on and note the message again. That should explain why [img]smile.gif[/img]

Raiu 11-27-2001 05:01 AM

Thanks!!! That was a BIG help! hahaha, feeling a lil silly, but hey...if I never asked I would have never known! One more silly question...how do I backstab?? I just got the game from a friend w/no instuctions. Maybe if i had that I would have known about the armor thing! hahah THANKS AGAIN!

Dundee Slaytern 11-27-2001 05:19 AM

In layman's terms?

1) Go invisible, you can either use a spell( from a Mage or equipment), potion or your Thief's skills, Hide in Shadows and Move Silently( the game takes the average of the two).

2) Go behind the target.

3) Attack the target.

Raiu 11-27-2001 05:22 AM

Thanks again! Now I can make use of some of the skills!

Barb 11-27-2001 10:43 AM

I'm about to beat Sir Exxon:

<marquee direction=left> <H1> [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] <font color="lime">H</font><font color="darkred">E</font><font color="slategray">L</font><font color="aqua">L</font><font color="darkorange">O</font> <font color="white">W</font><font color="FFCC33">E</font><font color="FFFF33">L</font><font color="lime">C</font><font color="CCFF99">O</font><font color="aquamarine">M</font><font color="yellow">E</font> <font color="lime">T</font><font color="maroon">O</font> <font color="dodgerblue">I</font><font color="blue">R</font><font color="mediumblue">O</font><font color="firebrick">N</font><font color="lime">W</font><font color="darkviolet">O</font><font color="darkgreen">R</font><font color="cyan">K</font><font color="mediumorchid">S!</font> <font color="thistle">E</font><font color="silver">N</font><font color="firebrick">J</font><font color="lime">O</font><font color="purple">Y.</font> [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] </font></H12></marquee>

Aragorn1 11-27-2001 11:15 AM

Barb ur a show off!
Welcome
I stared as a sorcerer bet could not use my spells why is this, not whering armour and hve also tried sleeping?
Help me!!!

Melusine 11-27-2001 12:00 PM

[img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] Argh! Barb, didn't you read my post in General Discussions in the "welcome new members and lurkers" thread??? If you didn't I suggest you DO SO NOW!!
That is my code you're using there and I've asked people TWICE not to copy it!!! Please remove it from your posts here and in GenD and don't do it again! Thanks.
[img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Edit: For your convenience, I'll paste my original post to you here:

Barb, would you kindly remove your copy of my rainbow welcome from your post? When I said I hoped people wouldn't steal it, I actually meant it. I have been posting these rainbows a few times now, and it does take a lot of time to type them out. It's meant to be idiosyncratic, and recognisable as my sort of signature. Just like Cloudy often uses huge plum letters, I like to congratulate or welcome people in those colours. You don't go around posting Lav's <font color="cyan">cyan writing</font> Or Beaumanoir's Capitals In Every Word either, do you?
I said it jocularly before when Legolas was fooling around :D ;) , but I actually mean it I wouldn't like it when people'd all copy my code of that message, it's like copying my signature and using it.
Thanks [img]smile.gif[/img]

SixOfSpades 11-27-2001 07:56 PM

Aragorn: The missing line in your sig is "From the ashes a fire shall be woken."

(Kinda silly to call youself Aragorn when you don't know your own dang verses, but hey, I'm just being anal.)