Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   How Do You Feel About People Posting Writing? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75209)

Jerome 05-21-2002 10:43 AM

Just gauging the general opinon.

Sazerac 05-21-2002 10:47 AM

It's one of the main things that first attracted me to General Discussions; the posting of original writings here. Unfortunately, we see very little of that now; instead, we get belly-button lint examinations of one's opinions about one's emotions about everything from Al-Qaeda to gun control. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I for one would LOVE to see more original writings posted up here.

-Sazerac

MagiK 05-21-2002 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sazerac:
It's one of the main things that first attracted me to General Discussions; the posting of original writings here. Unfortunately, we see very little of that now; instead, we get belly-button lint examinations of one's opinions about one's emotions about everything from Al-Qaeda to gun control. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I for one would LOVE to see more original writings posted up here.

-Sazerac

My belley button is offended that you accused it of having lint!

;)

Redblueflare 05-21-2002 12:25 PM

Doesn't bother me, but don't they go in the books and movies forum? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]

Talthyr Malkaviel 05-21-2002 12:26 PM

Well I think the Books and Movies is mainly for discussing existing books and movies, but I'm not sure.
I've voted and I'm all for literature in here.

Epona 05-21-2002 01:43 PM

I remember when we used to get a lot of creative writing here. I didn't always have the time to read all of it, but nevertheless I think it's a great idea.

Reeka 05-21-2002 02:15 PM

I am all for the posting of original creative writing on forums. I think it is a good perview for amatuer writers.

RudeDawg 05-21-2002 02:25 PM

I love to read, and POST, short stories and poems...
It's great to see the creativity of everyone here. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

BTW, Saz...
I have a ton of stuff on a ZIP disk. I don't feel like buying a ZIP drive just for one transfer session. Do you have a way to burn it to a CD at work, or to post it where I can get it off the ZIP? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]

Attalus 05-21-2002 02:42 PM

Galadria just posted part of her novel (finally - I have been trying to get her to send it to a publisher) on the Imoen Same-Sex Romance thread in the ToB forum. If you like fantasy writing, you might want to check it out.

The.Relic 05-21-2002 05:46 PM

Yep, we did used to get a lot of short story's posted. I really did enjoy reading Wolfie, and BK and Tobb's. We had some very nice writing here by a lot of people.