Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, November 5, 2004 (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92155)

Attalus 11-07-2004 09:13 PM

Boy, those are some nested quotes. I try to get by with just one. Good evening. A beautiful evening here in East Texas.

aleph_null1 11-07-2004 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Attalus:
A beautiful evening here in East Texas.
A better evening here on the western shore of the Chesapeake -- I'm in shorts & a T-shirt, barefoot, and comfortably warm. With a cold beverage in my hand, I might add...

... yes, I have my wireless laptop outside on the balcony with me right now :D

Hivetyrant 11-07-2004 11:32 PM

Hey everyone.
Ill have a coffe while im waiting for Conquer to finish updating.
Oh and Cloudy, can I have one of those heavyily suger covered donuts?

Dron_Cah 11-07-2004 11:43 PM

Hmm, well, I am faced with an academic dilemma... I have been working on an extra credit summary of a chapter of my geography book, when I remembered it was supposed to be 4 pages double spaced. Well, I double spaced what I had doen so far, and I'm already at four pages, not even half-way through!! [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] Hmm, what to do. He wanted a summary, and I felt the best way to do that was through an out-line format. I havent done any crazy spacing or anything, though, just a new paragraph when I switch between subtitles. So, I'm not really sure what I should do, here. Any suggestions?

Bungleau 11-08-2004 12:30 AM

Depends. If the four pages was a minumum, don't worry. If it was a maximum, chop it down to four pages.

If you're doing a traditional outline (such as...

I.
A.
etc.)

then convert it to prose and consolidate your space. IOW, strive for something readable for enjoyment, not just for studying.

wellard 11-08-2004 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
Yes I just heard about the game. John, I was talking about snow in Slovenia

Well, did you get a nice sunday roast today then? I just ate mine, twas gooooood! :D

Sure did Ross [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Yes the full on sunday roast where you can't move for two hours after because you are so full. No yorkshire pud though :( Going to watch my brothers youngest daughter have a soccer (oopps football) trial today for Oldham, she failed to get into Stockport county's squad so this is her last chance for a while. The district team she is in now beat Manchester city 6-1 the other month, Hannah is only 10 but better now than me or her dad ever where!

Hopefully I will get to met his oldest boy Ian (Sapper mclean). He got back from Iraq last week (Royal engineers) and should be back home from camp. We are so glad he got out of that hell hole in one piece.

Callum 11-08-2004 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Xen:
I just had dinner. [img]smile.gif[/img] Yummy. Greek salad. I was bored so I created some more folders in my bookmarks folder in Firefox.
Yay! I'm not the only one! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Elocution on wednesday, and now I must practice madly!

"Dear sir, I write this note to you..."

[img]tongue.gif[/img]

RoSs_bg2_rox 11-08-2004 04:57 AM

Drew, basically I think you should just write smaller! :D

Well I also got the puds, and was quite stuffed up. Well good luck to Hannah then, let her practice her skills embarrasing you in a competition or something. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Attalus 11-08-2004 08:48 AM

[quote]Originally posted by wellard:
Quote:

Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
[qb] Hopefully I will get to met his oldest boy Ian (Sapper mclean). He got back from Iraq last week (Royal engineers) and should be back home from camp. We are so glad he got out of that hell hole in one piece.
Good luck, congratulations and a big thank you to Sapper McLean!

Xen 11-08-2004 08:52 AM

Hi all. I'm just back from school. After week of vacation it's school again. Oh well. I have injured my leg a little but nothing serious.