Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wizards & Warriors Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   what are the... (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32195)

Dude 77 04-09-2003 02:25 PM

various powders you can find, purchase do, i kinda want to know incase i should be saving them instead of turning them in for a quik penny at the nearest vendor

Wyvern 04-09-2003 03:18 PM

I never found the powders to be all that useful - certainly not enough to justify taking up valuable inventory space - so I always sold them.

If I recall correctly -
there's one that will blind, another that has random effects (faery dust), sapping causes weakness in the enemy and another is rather like a stink bomb (poison gas).

Wyv

bsftcs 04-09-2003 04:17 PM

I go with Wyvern: Keep the powders and sell them first chance you get. So far as I recall they make a sum that justifies keeping them until a chance to sell them arises. But if your inventory gets filled before you have a chance to sell them do not hesitate to drop them.

Dude 77 04-09-2003 05:19 PM

thx for the info

LiOnHe@rT 04-10-2003 04:02 AM

but if u get those useful powders like those that can cure poison, u should keep them when u dun haf the "cure poison" spell and sell it after u get that spell.....

Bungleau 04-10-2003 09:24 AM

I don't remember a "cure poison" powder, but since I don't pay attention to them any more, it's not surprising. I sell or drop all powders. Their only nice feature IMHO is that they stack nicely, so one inventory square can hold dozens of powders.

bsftcs 04-10-2003 05:52 PM

I do remember finding very few cure potions. I believe I never found any cure powders. Does anyone know how to distinguish the nausea icon from the disease icon on a character?
The cure spell is also good for curing poison. I have seen a lot of people advice others to acquire the cure poison spell for at least one character with the ability to cast vine spells before entering the snake temple. Those times I have played the game from scratch that has been my priest, (I have never had a ranger), but I have usually found it worth while to refrain from learning the spell before entering the temple. Because in the treasure chest to the right when entering Elyssia's auditorium there is always a book of cure poison. So I always plan for that and thereby learn more spells faster. Also: In Kreug's study there is a chest which always contains the book of venom bite.

Bungleau 04-10-2003 11:06 PM

No rangers? Then no fletchery, and no easy life with lots of gold :(

As for the cure poison spell, I never realized there was a book right there. That might be the one exception to my "never use books" rule. Of course, by the time I'm there, I've been poisoned so many times it's ridiculous...

Still, there are enough cure poison potions for a solo character... Thanks for the tip!

LiOnHe@rT 04-12-2003 12:45 AM

??? i remember finding quiet a number of cure poison powders that i put to great use in the snake temple when i didnt have my cure poison spell yet...
the nausea icon looks like a green face that is about to puke (mouth is in a zig-zag kind of line), as for the disease icon, i tink i forgot...... [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I-RZ# 04-14-2003 11:57 AM

Are you sure it wasn't Cure Poison Potions? The yellow flasks? Anyway, I identify my powders, as you seem to get more money afterwards [img]smile.gif[/img]