Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Encounters?? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46695)

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 08-07-2004 08:23 AM

My party of 3 Fighters are doing very well. It's nice not to have to mess with magic and items for a change!
They are now lvl 18 and I just ran into some Higardy Highwaymen and 1 Sige which were lvl:3? What's with that?

Ziggurat 08-08-2004 08:37 AM

You are probably above the critter-level range for that area. It reverts to a wildcard that includes lesser sorts, and doesn't match your level in any way. Similar to entering an area too soon, where you get critters much higher than the expected range near yours.

dplax 08-09-2004 01:04 PM

You were probably in one of the road areas which if IIRC max out at lvl 10.

[ 08-09-2004, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: dplax ]

J'aran 08-09-2004 02:34 PM

Yea, that happens. Just now I ran into a level 3 Spore Plant and three level 2 Bats with my level 15 party, in the Arnika Road. At least it's better than running into three Cultists and a bunch of Juggernauts when your party is at level 5.

[ 08-09-2004, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: J'aran ]

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 08-09-2004 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by J'aran:
Yea, that happens. Just now I ran into a level 3 Spore Plant and three level 2 Bats with my level 15 party, in the Arnika Road. At least it's better than running into three Cultists and a bunch of Juggernauts when your party is at level 5.
Amen to that!
Cool Avitar J'aran, what lvl is that?

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 08-09-2004 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dplax:
dplax, where you been?
Havn't seen you post here in a while. Nice Avitar!

J'aran 08-10-2004 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
Haven't got a clue to be honest. The avatars were changed around a bit since the days when I posted regularly on IW, so in the last year or so, I went from Emerald Dragon to Quintesson to Mephistopheles while posting hardly more than 15 messages or so.

dplax 08-10-2004 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dplax:

dplax, where you been?
</font>[/QUOTE]Been on vacation in France for some time and before that took a break from Wiz8 but I'm back with a party of 2. (lizzie monk and faerie bishop who are getting ready to go to the sea caves) Nice to see someone remembers me here.

dplax 08-10-2004 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by J'aran:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:

Haven't got a clue to be honest. The avatars were changed around a bit since the days when I posted regularly on IW, so in the last year or so, I went from Emerald Dragon to Quintesson to Mephistopheles while posting hardly more than 15 messages or so. </font>[/QUOTE]Emerald dragon was changed to Quintesson and then Quintesson was split up between Quintesson and Mephistopheles, while Emerald Dragon took over the 900 to 1000 domain.

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 08-10-2004 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dplax:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dplax:

dplax, where you been?
</font>[/QUOTE]Been on vacation in France for some time and before that took a break from Wiz8 but I'm back with a party of 2. (lizzie monk and faerie bishop who are getting ready to go to the sea caves) Nice to see someone remembers me here.
</font>[/QUOTE]Yeah, I took a break for a few months too. But I'm back now 'cos there's just nothing else ;(
Anything juicy on the RPG or Strategy front?