Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Unholy Reaver (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20286)

Dar'tanian 05-30-2004 04:32 PM

What the heck is this....it looks just liek the Holy Avenger but I guess it is the opposite, the problem with it is it has no discription like when i go into my inventory and click on it the screen is blank...I picked it up after killing a Githyanki in the Watchers keep level 4. If anyone knows what is up wit this thing just tell me...thnx

Tyrion 05-30-2004 05:40 PM

Its supposed to be just the opposite of the Holy reaver...but I never found it in Watchers Keep.

teardropmina 05-30-2004 07:12 PM

Dar'tanian,

what mods have you installed for your current game? various mods may mess up the item description.

also, Unholy Reaver is just Gith Anti-Paladin's sword, and I don't think it has any perk except for it's a +5 weapon. However, though I seem to remember that Unholy Reaver is undroppable. It might drop in SoA (when they ask you to return the silver blade), but not droppable in WK.

Dar'tanian 05-31-2004 12:06 AM

tashia valen solafein tactis ease of use....n all the patches....but yea i got it in WK

SixOfSpades 05-31-2004 02:58 PM

The Unholy Reaver is indeed undroppable, unless you've installed the "Anti-Paladin kit" component of the Tactics mod--which you say you have done. So the fact that the sword exists is normal.

What is not normal is that you found the weapon in Watcher's Keep, or that it has no Description. Try uninstalling the Anti-Paladin component and then Reloading that fight with the Githyanki to see if that changes anything.

Dace De'Briago 05-31-2004 03:05 PM

I usually pick up the Unholy Reaver on the bodies of the Githyanki on L4 Watchers Keep as well.

I've done this on several installs of BG2, so I'd go as far as to say that it is usual to get it there. As Six pointed out, it does require a mod to be installed (one that I now install as default).

I would suggest that you have installed your mods/patches in an unusual order, and that the game is slightly borked as a result.

*cough* reinstall *cough*

;)

Dace De'Briago 06-01-2004 07:26 AM

n.b. you may be able to get away with reinstalling the tactics mod only.

mad=dog 06-02-2004 01:13 PM

I have had Unholy Reaver both with and without ToB installed and I have never had any problems with it. It looks like a regular 2H sword without enchantments so it is easy to miss. It is dropped by the Gith that approaches you after you return from spellhold regarding the silver blade.
I have even used it with my Blade. It seems to protect vs. various mind attacks and dispel magic on hit, although it appears to be an area effect in contrast to Carsomyr. These things are purely experimental as neither description nor icons gives you the faitest hint towards it's powers.