Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Planar Sphere and Valygar.... (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50412)

Eddith 01-20-2001 09:19 AM

I'm just wondering if I absolutely need Valygar to join my party to get into the Planar Sphere and do that quest. I ran into him last night and I couldnt see an option to just have him meet me there.. he seems to insist on joining my party. I dont want to get rid of any of my party members so I'm wondering how do I get into the planar sphere
without taking Valygar into my party?

Any help would be cool... also is the planar sphere a rewarding quest? (please dont give me any major spoilers)

Eddith

Draggor 01-20-2001 09:47 AM

You have to take in valygar to get in the sphere. Just keep him till you open the door then kick him out again. You can kill him and use his corpse to get in too. Yes it is a rewarding quest.

draconia 01-20-2001 09:51 AM

Hi Eddith, I am not very good at this game but I did do this quest. I took Valygar into my party to do this quest and I am not sure if you can do it without him. It says that you need him to be able to get into the planar sphere. You can take him into your party and whoever he replaces, you can get back. Just tell whoever you replace where to meet you again and then you go there and get them back.
I did like this quest but I can't remember everything that you can get in this quest.

G.W. 01-20-2001 04:33 PM

Valygar is a great fighter. Better than Minsc with strength enhancing equipment (look at his dexterity and his armor). Second only to Korgan. You should be honored to have him in the party.

"Hell Lich" Wah 01-20-2001 05:38 PM

He's so good that he doesn't dare say a word without your permission.

he's about as boring as one of your own created NPCs.

G.W. 01-20-2001 05:52 PM

Still, his voice is better than most you can choose. He may be quiet but like Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction, he carries a wallet that says "B.M.F."

el_kalkylus 01-20-2001 07:19 PM

I killed Valygar and took his body to the sphere. Just carry his body and open the sphere.
You can also demand a little extra payment from the mage in the government.

"Hell Lich" Wah 01-20-2001 08:00 PM

That's the spirit!! I don't know why I hold a grudge against valygar but I just do - maybe it's just his peaceful calm voice = messes up my battle rhythm!!

Rikard T'Aranaxz 01-21-2001 04:20 AM

I dare to say t5hat Valygar is the Best warroir in the Game
Better than Minsc Korgan and that paladin guy
better than mazzy and any other fighter

About him being boring?
that is a small price to pay
and hell i'm boring too
Does you character ever say anything
without someone asking him?

G.W. 01-21-2001 01:56 PM

His pure stealth ability is unmatched and very useful if you decide to take a dual class thief as your main one. His armor is the second best leather armor in the game (equal to plate +2), and arguably the best one given its resistances. His katana is the second best katana in the game, matched with the Celestial Fury, he may be the most powerful dual wielder, and he has the best proficiencies choices in the game. If you aren't going to be a katana wielder, then he's the best fighter.