Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   dose anyone like to mosh (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82379)

Daniel Doolan 11-05-2002 08:21 AM

i have been on the I.W. for over 2 weeks now and yet i have met no one who likes rock music such as limp bizkit and papa roach i thought a good few of you of you were american. and rock was born in america. apparently you dont like it as much as i thought.

Steve Fox 11-05-2002 08:28 AM

<font color=#ff0000>Moshing is o.k. but from my experience if you like your head firmly on your sholders then I wouldn't do it</font color=#ff0000>

Daniel Doolan 11-05-2002 08:30 AM

well i already lost my head so it dosen't matter

philip 11-05-2002 08:32 AM

I like all Linkin Park sngs and some songs from Ill Nino, Papa Roach, Slipknot, New Found Glory, Korn, Deftones, Sum41 and probably many others I can't think of right now

Callum Kerr 11-05-2002 08:32 AM

Heavy Rock's pretty good... not that I'm American... but I prefer Punk Rock - for listening to... its not as good to head bang to tho'

Daniel Doolan 11-05-2002 08:33 AM

cool i am not on my own

Indemaijinj 11-05-2002 10:02 AM

I would like it much more if it weren't for my glasses. The rest of my body can regenerate the damage, but if the glasses takes it it represents a real economical problem, and besides I wouldn't be able to see anything for the rest of the concert.

EDIT: Oh, sorry I answered the title instead of the actual question. Well, I love aggressive music if it's done right. I'm not especially aligned to any genre.

Here are some of my fave bands:

New breed/Nu-metal:

Deftones: Rythms rock, melodies rock, lyrics rock. Their snare drum is teh l33t!

Soulfly: Has a similar take on the genre as Deftones, but mixes it with some more old-school sentiment. Probably the coolest christian rock band around.

Tool: I'ts not for the aggressiveness I like Tool, but more for their eerily beautiful melodies, intellegent texts, whole-bodied sound, and psychedelic undertow (pun intended). A Tool concert is a truly mind-blowing experience. Treat yourself to one if you can.

System of a Down: Politically relevant lyrics and kick-ass riffs. I worship their lead singer (though not as much as Maynard James Keenan of Tool).

Totally far out speed-gabba-harcore metal ear punishment:

Berzerk: True, they are far out. All their lyrics are detailed description of mutilated human corpses.

Industrial Metal:

Ministry: "Soon I discovered, that this rock thing was true. Jerry Lee Lewis was the Devil. Jesus was an architect previous to his career as a prophet. Suddenly I found myself in love with the world, and I saw that that the only thing to do was to Ding-a-ling-dong my wham-a-long ding-dong!"

Industrial Rock (mostly rock after all):

Nine Inch Nails: For some weird reason I just get so happy when I hear songs like "Wish" or "Mr. Self Destruct". Also hits like "Closer", "Ruiner", "Head like a Hole" and "The Wretched" betrays a pure pop genius.

Real Industrial (none of that hybrid shit):

Front 242 = Teh Gods!

Doubting Thomas: Their one hit "Father don't Cry" is wretchedly beautiful.

Skinny Puppy = Teh Gods too.

Pop Will Eat Itself: Anger can be a beautiful thing if it's realised in pure creativity.

Leæther Strip: Teh Danish gods. (I come from Denmark).

Armageddon Dildoes: What a name and what a band.

I like industrial in general.

Punk/Tech/Industrial crossover:

Atari Teenage Riot: "Destroy 2000 years of culture!!!"

Alec Empire: Pure electronic agression and good ol' punk sensibility.

Trip Hop:

Portishead: After listening to it you can't possibly mean that "Cowboys" and "Elysium" aren't agressive as hell.

Tricky: Tricky can just sound so angry, mad, hurt and scary in such a sexy way.

Indie Hip Hop:

Techno Animal: They almost sound industrial with their concrete beats and sparse electronic sound, but it is hip hop to the core nonetheless.

[ 11-05-2002, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: Indemaijinj ]

antryg 11-05-2002 12:18 PM

For those of you who like Soulfly, Slipknot, Deftones, Pantera then please go to my website (link in profile) Solerift.com. It is in the process of being redesigned but there are links to mp3.com where you can get several of their older songs for free. They havea new 4 song EP that really tears off the roof.

Kaltia 11-05-2002 04:35 PM

Meh, most youths here love Rock, what on earth are you talking about?
I don't usually go to concerts, I remember one where I got kicked in the head by a crowd-surfer and was concussed (see: vomiting, dizzy and double sight) for three days :eek:

Downunda 11-05-2002 04:52 PM

Off to see Papa Roach and the Chilli Peppers on the 22nd.

Been to many Big Day Outs and moshed to the likes of Korn, Soulfly, Ministry, etc... [img]smile.gif[/img]