Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Sex for Life or a Commited Relationship (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92921)

Sir Degrader 02-07-2005 09:22 PM

Which is better? Free sex for life or a commited relationship with a nice woman?

SomeGuy 02-07-2005 09:31 PM

A relationship with a woman. That's what I'm waiting for. It'd be nice knowing that the person actually cared about then just some sort of one night stand. I dunno if this topic will last long... just depends on where it goes I suppose. *shrug*

Sir Degrader 02-07-2005 09:39 PM

I would hope that most people would say the second one, and I also hope that people take this seriously.

Harkoliar 02-07-2005 09:43 PM

im in the 2nd at the moment. so im happy [img]smile.gif[/img]

Dace De'Briago 02-07-2005 09:44 PM

Serial monogamy seems to be the way of things ATM.

RevRuby 02-07-2005 09:45 PM

hmmm...i'm quite happy with my husband, but a long term relationship with a woman doesn't sound like a bad idea!

lol, on the srious note-

long term relationships are ALWAYS better, IMHO.

Violet 02-07-2005 09:47 PM

Steve and I have been "boyfriend/girlfriend" since we were 11 years old.

We'll be married 25 years this June.

I can't give you his point of view (unless I go ask him and then come back to type it, which is just too much trouble right now and "of course" his answer would be a commited relationship lol) but as for myself, nothing has been more worthwhile to me than having a lasting relationship with somone I can truly call me friend. He can tell me I "look fat in that" and I know he's being honest.

I've seen childhood friends go through divorce and custody battles - drug and alcohol abuse in order to deal - failed relationship after failed relationship. Some seem to be so far beyond being frustrated and lonely that they are ready to be left alone for the rest of their lives. Others seem to be content with having an occasional partner for sex that knows where the door is and when to leave.

Just ask yourself what you want to look back on when you are eighty. It should make the decision pretty easy, either way.
Unfortunately, finding someone you can tolerate that long is another story! ;)
(I know, they have to be able to tolerate you too, I was j/k).

spydar 02-07-2005 10:10 PM

currently am in the 2nd one, and my boyfriend and I are retardedly happy. we're one of those cutesy couples that people must just wanna hit upside the head, I know that about a year ago I definitely woulda smacked us. but I would hope there aren't too many people who would choose the 1st one.

johnny 02-07-2005 10:12 PM

Monogamy is fine and all, but not for me. Life is fairly short, and there's so many islands to explore. Can't stick around on one and the same island for too long.

[ 02-07-2005, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: johnny ]

Dron_Cah 02-07-2005 10:32 PM

I'm looking forward to a relationship. So far, no dice. Anyways, if you guys haven't figured it out, yet, I'm a Catholic, so monogamy is the only thing I'm even considering. ;)