Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Like father - like son (BG2) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101746)

wellard 10-14-2010 04:26 AM

Like father - like son (BG2)

That's my boy :heee:

My son has just begun to play Baldurs gate 2 a few days ago and is now hooked! Normally he does not play many games on the PC or playstation, he is more into making movies. In fact apart from the nitendo that he uses in the car on long trips he has not even played a computer game this year. Just had to give him a few tips on how to defeat the Cambion :hehe:

I thought he would find the graphics dodgy but not so. I think we will have to dust off the old BG2 forum :P

SpiritWarrior 10-14-2010 08:45 AM

Re: Like father - like son (BG2)

I approve of this. :thumbsup:

ElfBane 10-14-2010 09:53 AM

What's his alignment? Or will you get that involved?

Bungleau 10-14-2010 12:57 PM

Heh... got my son hooked on Might and Magic VI, so I know *exactly* what kind of feeling you're having.

Took me a lot to let him explore and play the game, and not to tell him exactly what to do to move through and advance quickly... but I figure that's best ;)

Hivetyrant 10-14-2010 04:27 PM

Make sure you check out the wide screen mod too, will make the grafix all nice for the young ins who only care about that!

wellard 10-15-2010 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hivetyrant (Post 1243360)
Make sure you check out the wide screen mod too, will make the grafix all nice for the young ins who only care about that!

Never new there was one - might be usefull because the game keeps crashing ....

links please

wellard 10-15-2010 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElfBane (Post 1243349)
What's his alignment? Or will you get that involved?

chaotic good - human fighter

keep it simple for the first run through was my suggestion :)

Cerek 10-15-2010 07:34 AM

<font color=plum>Good advice. You can add in the Weimer Mods after he has gone through it a few times to ramp up the challenge.

My boys used to "play" BG2 when they were younger, sitting on my lap and "helping" with the fights. My oldest got into NWN and became very good at building characters. I bought a 2nd copy of the game so we could team up online. That was a lot of fun! :D Until our server closed down. :-(

We'll be teaming up again on EFU, as soon as we get all the files downloaded and put in the proper place.</font>

Harkoliar 10-16-2010 06:12 PM

team up in multiplayer would be great! :) glad he got hooked mate!... btw new mods now you can actually import bg1 into bg2 engine. If you need help let me know!

Ziroc 10-16-2010 07:20 PM

HAH! Awesome! :) Show him what a REAL RPG is! hehe..

Just so happens, I pulled out my reallllyyyy old Dell Pentium II 500Mhz, and dropped an ancient nVidia TNT 16mb video card in it, (installed Windows 98) and installed Thief 1 and 2, System Shock 2, Baldur's Gate II and Need for Speed 3. :)

(Can't really even play the first two Thief games on an XP system. )