Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   An email worth reading/forwarding check it! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88792)

Vaskez 12-18-2003 10:45 AM

Just got this in email from my uncle in Hungary, so here's my translation of it, as they are some nice thoughts! (some of which you'll no doubt have heard before in other "inspirational" emails etc. but some thoughts are new to me). Anyway, worth reading, whoever you are!

In my dreams I paid a visit to God. I knocked on His door, asking to speak to Him if he had time. He smiled and replied:

- My time is eternal, I have time for everything. What would you like?
- I want to know: what do you find the most strange about humans?

- That they don't like being children, they hurry their adulthood, then when they get there, they wish they were children again. It's strange that they sacrifice even their health to get rich, and then they spend a fortune on getting their bodies healthy and into shape again. It's strange that they excitedly await the future, they forget about the present, and thus they not only do not live to see the future but don't really live the present either. It's strange that they live like they will never die and die like they have never lived.

- As our father, what would you like your children to learn and remember above all?

- Let them learn that you cannot force anyone to love you. You must let them love you. In life, the things we want are not the most important, most important is who is there to share them with us. Let humans learn that they should not measure and compare themselves against others, let them be able to be judged against themselves. Let them accept that the rich is not he who has most but he who requires the least. Let them learn that it takes only a few seconds to deeply wound these that we love, but it takes many, many years for these wounds to heal. They must learn that you can only learn forgiveness by practicing forgiving. They must accept that there are those that feel deeply but haven't learned to express those feelings. They must learn that money can buy anything except happiness. Two people can look at the same thing and see two completely different things. They should learn that the true friend is he who knows everything about us and loves us all the same. It is not always enough to receive the forgiveness of others, sometimes we must also forgive ourselves.

As I turned to leave, I thanked Him for his words. He replied:
- People will forget what you say and what you do, but they will always remember that you aroused feelings within them.

Bungleau 12-18-2003 11:29 AM

I have seen this before. Thought-provoking, for sure...

johnny 12-18-2003 11:42 AM

Nice post Vask.

Vaskez 12-18-2003 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bungleau:
Must mean my translating skills are good...unless you saw it in hungarian :D

The Fallen One 12-18-2003 02:03 PM

i remeber seein that somewhere. I m pretty sure i saw the enlgish version (cuz i cant read Hungarin :D )

Xen 12-18-2003 02:07 PM

I`ve seen it before . Nice toughts tough . [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Bozos of Bones 12-18-2003 03:21 PM

Hmm... deep...
Nice post and translation, Vaskez!

Arledrian 12-18-2003 10:29 PM

Yeah that's an awesome post. Nice one mate.

Bungleau 12-19-2003 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Vaskez:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Bungleau:

Must mean my translating skills are good...unless you saw it in hungarian :D </font>[/QUOTE]I'll give a nod to your translating skills, 'cause the only hungarian I know is goulash (seriously!). I know smatterings of a number of languages, but no Hungarian.

Vaskez 12-19-2003 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bungleau:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Vaskez:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Bungleau:

Must mean my translating skills are good...unless you saw it in hungarian :D </font>[/QUOTE]I'll give a nod to your translating skills, 'cause the only hungarian I know is goulash (seriously!). I know smatterings of a number of languages, but no Hungarian. </font>[/QUOTE]Well actually goulash isn't hungarian, it's the english translation of the hungarian word "gulyás".