Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   STAFF OF THE MAGI (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7848)

Loremage 05-25-2002 01:34 PM

PLZ help me get it. I know where it is but I get slaughtered every time I try to get it.

Rimjaw 05-25-2002 01:37 PM

If you got a thief that can set traps... well you know how do deal with Shangalar. [img]smile.gif[/img] Use cloak of mirroring of balduran's shield to take care of Vaxall. And just rush the rest. It should be over in no time.

Dundee Slaytern 05-25-2002 01:41 PM

It would help to know what is your party-makeup... ...

AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe 05-25-2002 03:49 PM

you just might not be a high enough level to win the battle. I know I had to do it after I did most of the side quests, or you may even have to wait until after you get out of the under dark, when your characters are stronger.

Loremage 05-25-2002 05:19 PM

I have a theif/mage a conjurer a druid a ranger a palidin and I can't remaember teh last one.

Loremage 05-25-2002 05:19 PM

And Ive done allmost all teh side quests.

Xero279 05-25-2002 06:23 PM

where do you find the staff of the magi.. thats so good about it lol i like the staff of fire

Sir Exxon 05-25-2002 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Xero279:
where do you find the staff of the magi.. thats so good about it lol i like the staff of fire
font color="gold">The Staff of the Magi is among the loot from Shangalar, a Lich in the Twisted Rune. You can find the Twisted Rune next to the house that keeps a part of Kangaxx in the Bridge District... You need a Rogue Stone to enter. ;) </font>

Glorfindel 05-25-2002 09:42 PM

<font color="lawngreen" face="trebuchet MS"> You can always cheat if it gets desperate :( </font>

Daniel 05-26-2002 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Xero279:
whats so good about it?!?!?!? I'll give you the specs and let you decide:

Staff of the Magi

Armour class: +2 bonus
Saving throws: +2 bonus

equiping effects: (this is everytime you equip it doesn't use charges, so if these effects wear off or are dispeled simply click on the staff in the quick weapon slot to have them put on again, very handy having unlimited invisibility spells when your mage is stuck in the thick of combat and is unable to cast a thing because of spell disruption [img]smile.gif[/img] )

Invisibility
Immune to charm
protection from evil

abilities:

once per day: lvl9 spell, spelltrap
three times per day: Lightning-fireball (a combined lightning and fireball spell)

weapon stats:

each hit dispels magic
Thaco: +1 (acts as a +5 weapon in terms of what it can hit)
Damage: 1d6+1
speed: 4
Damage type: crushing
weight:4
Only usable by mage

now thats a weapon to be proud of

[ 05-26-2002, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: Daniel ]