Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   halloween (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91980)

burnzey boi 10-20-2004 08:12 AM

you know that time where kids get out get candy and eat it at their homes? well im scared that when I go trick o treating some1's gonna expect candy. but if im not home, they'll probably think im cheap and start ditching eggs at my house..
should i stay home and guard or go out and take the risk?

Gangrell 10-20-2004 10:55 AM

Normally when you're not home, then you're not home, simple as that. I've never had my house egged over it yet.

Stormymystic 10-20-2004 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by burnzey boi:
you know that time where kids get out get candy and eat it at their homes? well im scared that when I go trick o treating some1's gonna expect candy. but if im not home, they'll probably think im cheap and start ditching eggs at my house..
should i stay home and guard or go out and take the risk?

well, you could put out a bowl of treats, but most likely the first person will take all of it.....

Sigmar 10-20-2004 01:18 PM

I hate halloween. Messes up Gibraltar.

Just an excuse for kids to vandalise various things, abuse fireworks, egg EVERYTHING in site, and generally be complete and utter morons.

Personally,a holiday I could do without.

Why "they" don't make a bigger deal of St Patrick's day instead of Halloween I'll never know! :D

Bungleau 10-20-2004 01:57 PM

What we do out here is to turn on your outdoor lights if you're giving stuff away, and turn them off if you're not. No light, no question.

Dron_Cah 10-20-2004 02:11 PM

yay, I love Halloween!! Pumpkins are so awesome!! ( [img]tongue.gif[/img] , Jaradu!) That, and my family has all kinds of decorations, and stuff. Very cool to come to my house on Halloween. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Blunderbuss 10-20-2004 02:38 PM

In our village 'parish council' building. In the window it has a set of rules abouts halloween including...
Walk don't run in your halloween costume.
Don't be out 'trick or treating' later then 8 o'clock.
Make sure you're wrapped up; Halloween's a time to have fun not catch a cold.
and be careful near any Halloween candles, you don't want to set your costume on fire.

[ 10-20-2004, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: Blunderbuss ]

Sir Kenyth 10-20-2004 02:56 PM

Halloween is second only to X-mas on a list of kids fun days of the year. I loved it as child. As a matter of fact, I've simply loved the fall season since I was a kid. Cool and relatively dry weather to enjoy, colorful leaves, pumpkins, gourds, harvest time, apples and cider, Halloween, the beginning of hunting season, Thanksgiving, etc.. I don't know exactly why, but I've always loved it. Call me strange! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Dron_Cah 10-20-2004 03:32 PM

No way, man, I understand completely. I love the Fall, too! Rock on! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Stormymystic 10-20-2004 03:39 PM

I have always preferd Halloween over any other holidays, even christmas if thatis strange ;)